One of our clients, a leading cannabis testing lab, is looking for a Chemist II.
We bring our clients the most sophisticated and multifaceted scientific capabilities available from any one firm in the Oregon Cannabis Industry.. We believe that our clients are more than a transaction, they are partners and friends, and they are a part of our community. Since our inception, we have been committed to our ethics and integrity when bringing science to the emerging Cannabis Industry. By supporting the success of our employees and valued clients, we will together realize innovations that lead to improvements for our local and global communities.
We believe in People First. At the heart of the services we provide is identifying and assisting in the elimination of health risks to people. We value our employees and the role they play in meeting this foundational purpose. We believe in Client Partners for Life. We create client relationships for life by being a valued and effective part of their organization. We partner with like minded leaders to find remedies that are helpful to people and the environment. We believe in Quality. We apply an ethical and accurate scientific method consistently. The science and our commitment to the public and the environment, stand at the forefront of our commitment to quality on a daily basis.
Our client has an immediate opportunity at their Portland, Oregon location. They are seeking a Chemist II to become part of a solid and successful team that is already in place. This is a full-time, benefited position at 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime. The ideal candidate must be available to work Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm and after hours, including some weekends.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sample preparation
- Instrumental analysis and maintenance
- Data interpretation and reporting
- Method development and validation
- Drafting controlled/technical documents
- Quality control
- Support training and development of Chemist I and Laboratory Technician
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biology. Fundamental knowledge of chemistry
- 5+ years experience working in regulated environment
- Experience with Agilent and/or ABSciex Mass Spectometry instrumentation; GCMS and/ or LCMSMS
- Experience with Agilent chromatography instrumentation
- Experience with chromatography, mass spec, and LIMS software
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to comply with existing processes and adapt to new processes
- Team player with positive, respectful attitude
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Posted On: Tuesday, October 16, 2018