- Los Angeles, CA
Gursey | Schneider LLP is a Top 100 Firm and a 10-time recipient of Inside Public Accounting's Best of the Best Firms, with over 40 years of success in the market. Our firm consists of over 200 Accounting Rock Stars, and our talented teams consistently drive the success of our business through thoughtful strategy and creative problem solving.
Job Title: Audit Associate
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 2+ years of public accounting experience.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.2
- Should be preparing for or already passed the CPA examination.
- A solid understanding of audit issues.
- Ability to utilize firm technology to enhance client service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
A day-in-the-life basic overview includes:
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings and conclusions.
- Performs accounting research and tests analytical procedures on financial data.
- Identifies audit issues and proposes strategies to resolve them.
- Communicates status of work and issues with seniors, managers or partners on a timely basis.
- Works with other members of a team on a variety of engagements.
- Develops strong relationships with firm and client personnel.
Something that should be noted: we offer paid overtime, market-leading benefits, and lots of fun, intangible perks (Quarterly Socials, Annual Ski/Camping trips, Catered breakfast, etc.).