Director of Engineering
Hamilton Porter LLC
- San Francisco, CA
Chance to join a late stage Seed start-up as the company's VP of Engineering. Will be a founding team member, relying on your leadership skills in expanding our Fintech Investment Platform Product offering and strategically helping us scale a top performing Engineering division.
Location: Remote with offices in both San Francisco and NYC.
Hamilton Porter is a leading nationwide technical recruiting firm, that has the privilege of being able to offer an amazing full-time salary paid + Equity job opportunity, to a talented and hardworking VP of Engineering. Would you be interested in leading the engineering division supporting a technology-driven investment and trading platform to a $9 trillion dollar global marketplace? Unique opportunity to join at the beginning stages and help own the journey of what hopes to be a hugely innovative financial product offering. Looking for someone passionate about building teams, delivering market-leading Fintech products, advising on high performance technology decisions, and showcasing a company culture of grit, integrity, problem solving, and servant-leadership. This role will report directly to the Founder and CEO.
- Recruit and build a world-class engineering team, current company size is 15
- Provide hands on technical leadership for best practices across the technology stack, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, and Security
- Implement systems and processes that drive efficiency and quality
- Work with leadership in establishing product roadmaps, release timelines, technical direction, etc.
- Oversea on the delivery of product releases that meet requirements, at-quality, on-time, and on-budget
- Build a culture of speed, innovation, collaboration, and ownership
- Java - Spring - ReactJS - Python - AWS - Web Services - PostgreSQL
- Information Security - Machine Learning - Software Architecture - Database
- PaaS investment Platform
- A background of 5-10 + years of experience leading and growing Engineering teams
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or Engineering
- Managing teams in rapid product development, including remote and offshore teams
- Ability to attract, hire, and inspire world-class engineers worldwide
- Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
- Hands-on experience leading a tech stack in: Java, Spring Framework and container-based AWS applications
- Would love to see a background of leadership experience in a crowdfunding or start-up culture and/or having previously supported a Fintech Product offering (i.e.: Investment platform, high performance hedge-fund, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks of the job:
- Early-stage company Equity (ranging between 1.0 - to 5.0%!)
- Competitive Salary ranging from $130K - $190K depending on background of experience and the amount of stock interested in
- Provided 80% coverage on Medical Benefits, Dental and Vision
- Chance to be a VP of Engineer at an early stage start-up with an already profitable product offering primed for huge growth set to impact a relatively untouched $9 trillion dollar industry
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
$140,000 - $190,000