Senior Data Scientist
Hamilton Porter LLC
- Fort Lee, NJ, United States
Hamilton Porter is a technical recruiting firm that partners with a variety of companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500's. We are currently partnered with a multi-billion dollar organization that provides comprehensive marketing, sales, and technology solutions to help insurance companies reach & acquire new customers. Our client has an extremely data-driven approach to business and we are actively helping them find and hire their next Senior Data Scientist. This is a full-time, direct-hire role with our client and it will be located out of their HQ in the Fort Lee, New Jersey area. The data science practice is only growing for our client, this is a fantastic opportunity to drive business intelligence out of raw market data and help take our services and products to new heights!
Day to Day:
As a Data Scientist, you will be a part of a collaborative workspace where you will find new and improved ways for us to use data in our products, operations, and business strategies. You will be responsible for leading new projects and initiatives starting from understanding business to carrying out projects and presenting to stakeholders. In your team, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats and act as a subject matter expert with all things data. You’ll be joining a group of curious, smart, technically-minded yet business-savvy data scientists and analysts looking to make a difference in the company by designing and building out our data decisioning capabilities from the ground up!
- 4+ years of experience in a data science role, building predictive algorithms and data products ideally related to marketing, business operations, or customer retention.
- Help the business and marketing teams to better understand the LTV of a customer/lead at every stage of the journey
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as decision forests, logistic regression, k-means clustering, etc.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly and deep understanding of your current business
- Proficiency with Python, SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with big data platform (i.e. Hadoop)
- Bonus Points for experience working with Azure
- Intensely curious – always asking questions and not being OK with the status quo. Obsessed with making things better and more efficient.
- A lifelong learner that is excited to learn new data science technologies and apply those to technologies to our business
- Ability to be objective and follow the facts, cut through the noise and create a story with data.
- Strong organizational skills including time and project management
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- BS/MS in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
Perks of the job:
- Competitive Salary ranging from ($125,000 - $160,000) + discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off/holidays, 401(k), and bonus opportunity
- Frequent office events and outings
- Employee development programs, conference and training reimbursement
- Work from home flexibility on occasion, there is also an office in NYC that can be utilized
- Joining a growing and exciting team making a big impact on the business!
Please apply today for consideration. Our client is looking to interview and hire ASAP!
Tuesday, December 3, 2019
$125,000 - $165,000