Underwriting Manager - Government & Conventional
Hamilton Porter LLC
- Santa Ana, CA
Underwriting Manager – Conventional and Government Underwriting Loans - REMOTE
Hamilton Porter is a nationwide boutique recruiting firm, proud to be representing outstanding opportunities on behalf of our portfolio of reputable companies. We work hard to serve as a one stop shop to our candidates, which means if this opportunity looks appealing, send us your resume and we’ll be in touch, as ideally we will be able to present you with additional companies that should match your career interests, as we like to equip our candidates with options.
Our client has been in business for over 20 years and is a leading direct mortgage lender offering an array of mortgage loan options. Including wholesale and correspondent lending, jumbo and Non-QM, FHA and VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae, purchase lending and refinance, government lending programs, and investment solutions. They are your one stop shop for excellent personalized banking options.
The company has a large beautiful office in Santa Ana, CA and is currently at a size of about 150 outstanding employees. Due to Covid-19 and for the safety of the team, work is being done a 100% remote and likely will remain remote until 2021, of which employees will likely have the option to choose if they want to remain remote or come in to the office.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- We provide a competitive base ($130K - $150K) Sign on Bonus, with extra performance and team-based bonus earnings, paid out monthly!
- Flexible Work culture, with complete benefits package, including 401K, PTO, paid company holidays, and company paid life insurance.
- Stability/ Growth (have been in business well over 20 years!)
What You Will Be Doing
- Ability to underwrite Conventional and Government loans
- Maintain an underwriting pipeline of new loans and resubmissions that meets standard service level agreements
- Work with underwriting team (Current Team size is 8) to maintain standard service level agreements
- Monitor underwriter pipelines to ensure productivity
- Provide mentoring and coaching to underwriting staff as required by management
- Utilize problem solving, judgement, knowledge, and experience to effectively remedy loan level issues
- Resolve underwriter escalations and escalate to management when necessary
- Perform second level reviews as designated by management
- Perform a designated number of weekly spot checks as determined by management to evaluate and examine loan files to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with investor and agency guidelines
- Communicate effectively with operations and sales staff to maintain a high level of customer service via phone and email
- Work with post-closing department on any stipulations for closed files; communicate process and outcome to underwriters and management
- Lead underwriting meetings with management
- Provide training & coaching to new hires for both Underwriters, & Jr. Underwriters.
- Perform team performance reviews and one on ones with management.
- Interview potential candidates with management
- Handle Timecards & Time off request
What You Need for this Position
- Active DE/CHUMS required (Active LAPP/SAR a strong plus!)
- Extensive Understanding of Conventional loan guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of recent Mortgage Underwriting Experience with strong agency guideline knowledge
- DU and Total Scorecard knowledge required
- Strong working knowledge of ATR/QM requirements
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of compliance and disclosure requirements
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
$130,000 - $145,000