Senior Frontend Developer
Hamilton Porter LLC
- New York, NY
Hamilton Porter is a boutique technical recruiting firm that partners with a variety of companies ranging from up and coming startups to reputable Fortune 500's.
Our Client: A seed-stage company with 8 full-time employees + additional contractors recently closed 3.3 Million to build the first centralized AI Monitoring and Adaptability platform designed to monitor machine learning models already in production. The idea is that company's build a model in a laboratory then put it out in the world, but how do you monitor or track if the Machine Learning model is working correctly, and that's where this product comes in to place. This is a unique opportunity to be apart of the prototype build out of a product that aims to solve both an extremely complex but highly relevant issue, especially as our world continues to globalize more remotely and rely more and more on our software to work accurately.
Location: New York City (Flatiron district) - Currently Remote until end of the year likely
Lead in the design & implementation of the robust, responsive, & fast front-end stack to satisfy a diverse set of users. Will be handing an interactive UI to communicate to our customers a quick interpretation of complex model decisions. This will be broken down through sophisticated data visualizations supporting cutting-edge ML algorithms. Looking for a talented Frontend who can build features quickly, but do it with a long-term, sustainable mindset. Additionally as the Lead Engineer you will also be tasked with mentoring and growing the front-end engineering team.
Day to Day:
- Help design scalable, RESTful APIs to be consumed by our customers for front end interfaces and programmatic consumption
- In collaboration with the Data & Software Engineering team, will be tasked with offering a user-centered point of view along with implementing data visualizations to portray ML metrics
- Optimize performance to ensure a responsive UI
- Give opinions on recommendations for technologies & paradigms, ensuring the right goals and constraints are addressed and met
- Mentor others on Engineering best practices
- 5+ years building web-based front ends using frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue to build a component-based UI
- Experience in building interactive, high-performance UIs for external-facing products, working closely with Product & Design teams
- Previous experience supporting a multi-tenant SaaS platform or having supported work in a previous startup like environment
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks for unit, integration & end-to-end tests, such as Jest, Selenium, etc
- Experienced with modern styling best practices such as CSS preprocessors (e.g. SASS) or JS in CSS frameworks (e.g. Styled Components).
- Would love to see previous experience creating data visualizations and having works with tools such as D3, Matplotlib, Plot.ly, etc.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Opportunity to join a culture that empowers interesting challenges, fast growth, and collaboration amongst fellow talented Engineers - you will accomplish great things
- Expect to work with a great deal of autonomy, having the chance to lead teams and own and run with projects as your expertise see's fit
- Early stage Engineering team member for a primed Startup offering big equity with promising company valuations
- Competitive Base Salary (up to $140 - $165K) with Full Benefits Package
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
$140,000 - $160,000