Hamilton Porter is a specialized technical recruiting firm offering opportunities on behalf of our portfolio of clients ranging from: the top up and coming start-ups, to boutique product firms, to reputable Fortune 500 enterprises. We are currently searching for a Mobile Application Developer interested in supporting work just outside of Washington DC in beautiful Rosslyn, Virginia. Would you be interested in supporting work for a company that has goals to provide free educational opportunities on a global scale? Our client is one of the largest providers of multi-language learning, and is one of the top 200 most popular mobile sites in the U.S. This client believes in educating our population one person at a time and continues to push technical boundaries with their high-quality web & mobile based product offering.
Day to Day:
As a Mobile Application Developer, you will be responsible for developing native iOS and Android applications using Swift, Kotlin and Java. You will be responsible for improving and developing new features on our 5-star IOS and Android app used and loved by millions! Get ready to support product development for a high-availability, automated, and scalable server infrastructure with a near perfect uptime performance stat! This will be a fun and unique opportunity to work in a fast pace collaborative team culture, following the agile process at 1-week sprints. We also pride ourselves on hosting a fantastic work-life balance, with unlimited PTO and members averaging 40-hour work weeks - we believe in balance. So not only do you get to support interesting development efforts, supporting a great product offering, but you get to do it in a fun collaborative team setting working alongside great people who are smart engineers.
- 3+ years of mobile web application development experience (Android/IOS)
- Expert understanding of Kotlin and Android Studio
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science or engineering related)
- Experience with testing, debugging, and deployment of mobile apps
- Developing native iOS and Android applications using Swift, Kotlin and Java
- Awareness of Swift and XCode
Perks of the job:
- Competitive Salary ($120k-$150k) with fantastic fully paid Health Insurance and 401K contributions
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home days
- Free Lunch Fridays
- Budget towards continuous learning via conferences, classes, etc.