Hamilton Porter LLC
- Santa Ana, CA
Conventional Underwriter - REMOTE
Hamilton Porter is a nationwide boutique recruiting firm, proud to be representing outstanding opportunities on behalf of our portfolio of reputable companies. We work hard to serve as a one stop shop to our candidates, which means if this opportunity looks appealing, send us your resume and we’ll be in touch, as ideally we will be able to present you with additional companies that should match your career interests, as we like to equip our candidates with options.
Our client has been in business for over 20 years and is a leading direct mortgage lender offering an array of mortgage loan options. Including wholesale and correspondent lending, jumbo and Non-QM, FHA and VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae, purchase lending and refinance, government lending programs, and investment solutions. They are your one stop shop for excellent personalized banking options. The company has a large beautiful office in Santa Ana, CA and is currently at a size of about 150 outstanding employees. Due to Covid-19 and for the safety of the team, work is being done a 100% remote and likely will remain remote until 2021, of which employees will likely have the option to choose if they want to remain remote or come in to the office.
The Conventional Underwriter is responsible for analyzing and evaluating residential loan applications in accordance with investor, agency and internal guidelines. Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness to ensure loans meet eligibility requirements and to mitigate risk or loss to the company. Work closely with wholesale brokers, AE's and Operations staff. Provide outstanding levels of customer service through great communication and pay close attention to detail.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- We provide a competitive base ($75K - $90K DOE) Potential Sign on Bonus, with extra performance-based bonus earnings, paid out monthly! Chance to earn overtime pay is offered! In fact, our Top 5% of Underwriters earns over $200K!
- Flexible Work culture, with complete benefits package, including 401K, PTO, paid company holidays, and company paid life insurance.
- Stability/ Growth (have been in business well over 20 years and frequently promote from within!)
- Join a reputable Lender that has funded more than $20 billion in mortgage loans.
What You Will Be Doing
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze all loan documents, which include the following: AUS decision report, credit report, all sources of income including complex personal and business returns, assets, preliminary title report, appraisal, purchase agreement, escrow instructions, occupancy verification, red flags and fraud check.
- Input data into DU/LP and run final AUS.
- Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by management.
- Underwriter files and clear conditions on loans with attention to detail as well as with a sense of urgency for our customers.
- Input loan data and decisions accurately into current operating system.
- Examine transaction matrix, internal, and investor overlays to ensure compliance with investor guidelines.
- Implement and enforce fraud detection techniques. Request supplemental information/documentation as necessity dictates. Recognize risk factors that may compromise overall quality of loan file.
- Aid in the resolution of any applicable pre-funding or post purchase loan deficiencies by assisting the post-closing department in curing any outstanding conditions or concerns.
- Effectively communicate orally and/or via email all loan decisions rendered on files in a professional and positive manner to maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Maintain consistent communication with brokers and sales staff to ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner while demonstrating outstanding level of customer service skills.
What You Need for this Position
- Must have recent underwriting experience with all Conventional loans products for a minimum of 2 years and is current within the last 6 -9 months on all updated guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Extensive knowledge of all FNMA/FHLMC and investor guidelines.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, capable of expressing complex issues and soliciting input from a broad audience.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020