Software Engineer in Test
Hamilton Porter LLC
- Carlsbad, CA
Hamilton Porter is a boutique technical recruiting firm that partners with a variety of companies ranging from up and coming startups to reputable Fortune 500's.
Location: Blocks from the beach in beautiful Carlsbad San Diego, we pride ourselves on working out of a beautiful new office building, with plenty of personal space, and an unbeatable office culture. Work with and surround yourself with a fantastic crowd of motivated, awesome, down to earth folks. In Covid we are offering remote flexibility but overall we still run largely an onsite culture. Relocation assistance is offered, if you aren't local but want to move to Sunny Southern California check us out!
- Provide expert level test automation to expand overall test coverage across the all application solutions (UI, Web Services, and DB)
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to teammates in the process of evaluating, scoping and designing implementation strategy
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Chance to grow into a lead position where you can mentor junior engineers, new team members and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems relating to quality engineering
- Conduct test case and code reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate automated testing activities
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts
- Identify and evangelize tools that will scale with our team as we grow
- Work with internal teams (e.g. QA analysts, developers and product managers) to identify system & product requirements
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine required automation improvements and modifications
- 5+ years experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
- 2+ years hands-on experience implementing an automation framework of front-end, back-end, and REST API services\applications.
- Experience in leading test automation practices for Agile and DevOps teams across an agile environment
- Experience and strong understanding of automation tools such as Cypress
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, to log bugs and test results.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Competitive salary plus equity in an already profitable start-up
- Amazing team environment with empowering culture, every employee matters and adds to our mission to be customer obsessed and everyday impactful and innovative. We value a culture of continuous learning and collaborative problem solving in a fun and technically innovative way.
- Remote flexibility with intent to still work in the Carlsbad office a couple times a week
- Great benefits package with flexible PTO designed to promote travel and family time while offering a lot of other fun company perks!
- Opportunity to work for a company that invests heavily in their technology which means work with cutting edge technology and supporting a robust Data Analytics platform and product offering.
- We are proud to be making huge advancements in improving the logistics industry, which even in Covid times proves to be a hugely profitable and rapidly expanding industry.
Apply today, or send resumes directly to: Courtney@Hamilton-Porter.com
Monday, November 9, 2020
$110,000 - $130,000