Play an integral role in the department's activities with a high level of responsibility as a member of a specific industry-focused team. Responsibilities include formulating new business proposals, developing company forecasts and valuations, evaluating merger and acquisition scenarios and preparing documents related to the public issuance of stock. Sr Analyst/Associates are expected to work on every aspect of the transaction process and mentor / manage junior Analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with the execution of M&A and financing transactions, financial modeling, industry and comparable company analysis.
• Prepares and delivers standard and tailored presentations and pitches to clients.
• Produces factual and accurate information that’s presented to the client.
• Trains, manages and mentors interns and analysts and evaluates their performance potential
• Seeks opportunities for development through the job itself, through special assignments, training, or external activities.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Concepts, practices and procedures of Investment Banking.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Concepts, practices and procedures of Tax and Accounting.
• Financial markets and products.
• Analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
• Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
• Defining high standards of quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to reports.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Remain cognizant of our commitment to daily workflow and regulatory compliance during high volume activity.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions.
• Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
• Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
• Lead the work of other and provide training, coaching and mentoring.
• Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
• Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and writing, with all organizational levels.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Investment Banking.
• MBA Degree with experience in Investment Banking Preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• FINRA Series 7 or 79 License.
• FINRA Series 63 or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.