Investment Banking M&A – Financial Institutions Group, Associate
Global bank which provides corporate and investment banking coverage, sponsor coverage, advisory and solutions and loan capital markets/syndicate to a client base of leading international corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities in the U.S. and Canada.
FIG supports client business activities throughout the region with an extensive range of capital markets and lending capabilities and an integrated team of coverage, advisory and product bankers responsible for client relationship management and strategic transaction development to execute banking and securities mandates and originate idea generation for potential acquisitions, divestitures and investment opportunities.
U.S. Investment Banking Associates are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring and execution of mergers & acquisitions for existing and prospective clients. An Associate is expected to understand the implications, identify key industry and product trends and provide input on pitch and deal materials to enhance the ultimate deliverable to our clients.
Associates are assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Lead execution of live transactions including preparation of detailed memoranda and presentations and analyzing the key attributes of client companies
- Apply advanced financial, economic, quantitative and qualitative methods and principles to evaluate and execute acquisitions, financings and equity raising transactions
- Financial modeling, valuation, comparable & relative value analyses and market-specific analysis
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials
- Review and comply with applicable firm policies and escalate risks that he/she identifies to the line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis
- Assist in the development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA, MA or MS with emphasis in Finance or a minimum of 3 years of M&A experience with a top tier global bank
- Strong understanding of the Financial Services industry; M&A execution experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets and risk & pricing analysis
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and/or product solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maturity and good judgement in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Series 79, 63 licensed