One of the largest publicly traded Cannabis companies is seeking a VP, Corporate Controller to oversee all US accounting operations within the company. This is a highly visible position within the organization as this person will work closely with the CFO, as well as with various department heads and global stakeholders. In addition to the monthly and quarterly close process, s/he will oversee SEC Reporting, Revenue, Global Consolidations, and internal controls. The ideal candidate will be a CPA with 10-15 years of experience.
Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills and strong leadership qualities.
• Oversee monthly and quarterly close
• Manage SEC Reporting (10K's, 10Q's and 8K's)
• Business Partner to various departments including FP&A, Treasury, R&D, and IT
• Oversee global consolidations
• Manage full-cycle revenue process
• Work closely with the CAO to manage organizational cash flow forecasting and to inform leadership about GAAP trends/issues
• Presentations to c-level executives and Board of Directors
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• 10-15 years of experience
• Public accounting (Big 4 / Large Regional) highly preferred
• Cannabis industry experience preferred, but not required
• Strong communication and leadership skills