Elite Boutique Restructuring Associate
The Harrison Rush Group
- New York, NY, United States
We are seeking an experienced Associate to do restructuring advisory with a leading independent advisory firm.
Job Summary: As an Investment Banking Restructuring Associate, you will play a critical role in supporting senior bankers in providing strategic and financial advice to clients going through corporate restructurings, distressed situations, and bankruptcies. Your strong financial analysis skills, attention to detail, and ability to navigate complex financial scenarios will contribute to the successful execution of restructuring transactions and the delivery of high-quality advisory services.
Financial Analysis and Modeling:
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis of distressed companies, including financial statement analysis, cash flow projections, and valuation modeling.
- Create and maintain financial models to assess the financial performance, solvency, and recovery prospects of distressed companies.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis to evaluate potential outcomes and develop recommendations for clients.
Restructuring Transaction Support:
- Assist in the execution of restructuring transactions, including debt restructurings, distressed mergers and acquisitions (M&A), divestitures, and recapitalizations.
- Support due diligence efforts by gathering and analyzing relevant financial and operational data, and preparing due diligence reports.
- Contribute to the development of restructuring strategies, negotiating positions, and documentation.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance:
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and court procedures related to restructuring transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documents, including disclosure statements, plans of reorganization, and other restructuring-related documentation.
Stakeholder Communication and Relationship Management:
- Interact with clients, including distressed companies, lenders, creditors, and other stakeholders, to gather necessary information and support the restructuring process.
- Assist in preparing and delivering presentations to clients and stakeholders, communicating complex financial concepts and recommendations clearly and effectively.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by providing reliable analysis, timely updates, and exceptional service.
Market Research and Industry Knowledge:
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulatory changes, and market dynamics within the restructuring and distressed sectors.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential investment opportunities, distressed assets, and potential buyers or investors.
- Assist in the preparation of research reports, industry updates, and presentations on restructuring-related topics.
Team Collaboration and Project Management:
- Collaborate with the restructuring team, including Analysts, Associates, Vice Presidents, and Managing Directors, to support transaction execution and deliverables.
- Assist in managing project timelines, coordinating work streams, and ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Foster strong working relationships within the team and contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field. A Master's degree or CFA designation is a plus.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills, with experience in distressed company analysis and restructuring scenarios.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, valuation techniques, and financial statement analysis.
- Understanding of bankruptcy and insolvency processes, as well as legal and regulatory frameworks related to restructuring.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other financial software and tools.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment banking industry, and restructuring-related trends and developments.
Thursday, May 25, 2023