Seeking an experienced Investment Banking Financial Analyst. Elite boutique, based outside Washington DC, in Tysons Corner is an innovative, growing investment bank that provides world class strategic advice to high growth Business Services and Technology companies in the software, business services and information services industries. The principals have provided expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and valuation for over two decades. Our cohesive team has been working together for over ten years in various firms and launched in 2011. Given our current level of deal flow and continuous expansion, we are seeking to hire an experienced analyst with a strong work ethic, a skill-set that allows the candidate to hit the ground running and a candidate who thrives in a collegial and entrepreneurial culture.
Our analysts work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects that provide exposure to various investment banking services, including: mergers and acquisitions (sell-side and buy-side), private placements of debt and equity, refinancing and leveraged buyouts. The candidate will have the opportunity to work directly with senior level bankers of the firm and take increasing levels of responsibility on live mandates.
Responsibilities include supporting new business development and current client engagements, including:
· Preparing, analyzing and explaining historical and projected financial information
· Coordinating and performing business due diligence
· Financial Modeling and Valuation
· Preparing confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing pitches, and other presentations
· Data Room Management
· Market Research
· The ideal candidate must have: 1-2 years of prior investment banking experience executing M&A transactions.
· Possess strong skills in financial analysis, a strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory, and keen analytical capabilities.
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be motivated, creative and outgoing, have a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a sense of commitment
· Be a team player
The environment at this firm is both collegial and entrepreneurial. Teamwork is essential to the firm’s success - at the same time, creativity and new ideas are encouraged. This candidate will be given substantial responsibility and will be encouraged to help grow the business. Benefits Include:
• Medical, Dental, and Short-Term Disability insurance at no cost to the employee
• Funded HSA account
• 401k (4% company match)
• Annual discretionary bonus based on firm and individual performance
• Deal bonuses at the close of a transaction
• Commuter Benefits (metro) or Free Parking
• Annual Offsite – 2 days at 5-Star Resort
• 18 days of annual accrued PTO
• 10 Federal Holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving)
• Flex Fridays (option to telework last Friday of the month)
• Paid parental leave