This position is responsible for performing industrial sanitation duties in a food processing plant. The majority of the time will be on sanitation, but this individual will also be required to understand and carry out other tasks to support the greater team.
Primary Job Responsibilities Sanitation:
• Daily cleaning of plant processing equipment and facilities.
• Disassemble and assemble equipment.
• Use industrial chemicals for cleaning equipment.
• Use scratch pads to remove contaminants from equipment.
• Daily cleaning and scratching of drains, totes, and other miscellaneous equipment.
• Interpret SDS sheets to ensure the safe handling of chemicals. • Assist with pre-operational inspections. Janitorial:
• Janitorial duties as assigned. Miscellaneous Plant Duties:
• May be required to assist at warehouse locations.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
• Lifting up to 60 pounds.
• Occasional squatting.
• Must be available to work on weekends.
• Comfortable working in 40 degree temperature.
• Ability to work standing up for entire shift.
• Must be able to read and understand Safety Data Sheets.
• Ability to comply with all safety requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices. Personal Attributes
• Must be punctual and dependable.
• Ability to work productively with little or no supervision.
• Ability to adapt to changing task demands.
• Must be able to follow work instructions and complete all tasks in a safe manner.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Team oriented. Preferred Skills and Technical Expertise: • Experience working with cleaning and sanitation chemicals.
• Understanding of the Hazardous Communication Standard (HAZCOM) and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (GHS) of chemicals. Preferred Experience
• 1 year experience cleaning and sanitizing equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Up to $1,200 weekly!