Network Technician - Telecommunications
Heartland Staffing Solutions
- Lincoln, NE
We will train- here is the job description
Responsible for installing and/or configuring the base station, power system, microwave, fiber equipment within a communications location as defined by the clients scope of work or engineering specifications.
- Install, program or test electronic equipment including but not limited to cellular and PCS base stations, licensed and unlicensed microwave radios, DS3 multiplexers antennae and transmission lines.
- Review scope of work and engineering specifications, order materials and determine if assistance is needed.
- Verify that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Check all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your service truck are available.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and professional appearance of service vehicle.
- Perform inspection of service vehicle and all assigned tools prior to leaving the shop.
- Perform a daily Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and provide a daily tailgate meeting for crew (if one) to address tasks and safety issues.
- Perform the job according to specifications and report field deviations to the project manager and/or the customer. • Maintain cleanliness of cell site.
- Take pictures of final work and upload all turnover documentation to Murphy Tower server. • Prepare reports for customers as needed. • Other duties as assigned. Reports To
- • Network Superintendent Qualifications • Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the cellular communications industry as a cell tech or verifiable equivalent. • Knowledge of DC power plants and batteries, install, maintenance and testing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Fiber optics, fiber testing, handling and installation is preferred
- Experience with basic installation of communications equipment including grounding, DC power and Ethernet
- Ability to read blue prints
- Current driver s license and good driving record
- Proficiency with Windows and software installation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills is a must. Individual will interact with customers and employees at all levels of the organization.
Tuesday, February 4, 2020