Chief Estimator - Utility Design-Build Construction Company
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Benicia, CA
Experienced underground / utilities Estimator. Passionate team leader and mentor. Fun person.
Sound like you?
This opportunity as a Chief Estimator with us, a utility design-build construction company, is your chance to elevate your career with a winning team.
This is a newly created role as a result of company growth.
Chief Estimator – Your Job Duties
In this leadership role, you will oversee our team of estimators (team of 2-3 team members and growing) including:
- Review and oversee estimates, project scopes, project schedules and budgets prepared by the estimating team, for projects ranging in size from $1-$8M in scope
- Assist with and provide guidance on more complex estimates
- Oversight of estimates including labor, materials and time requirements through review of proposals, blueprints, specifications
- Review estimates for compliance with contractual terms
- Monitor and manage flow of RFPs, customer inquiries for estimate and estimating department workflow
- Report status of estimating department to the management team and provide insights to assist with company management
- Prepare declarations of revenue
- Communicate with client on the status of technical progress, schedule and budget
- Coordinate with Resource Managers to assemble project teams for projects
We estimate (see what we did there) that you will be in the office about 85% and out in the field 15% or less.
Chief Estimator – Skills, Experience & Character
- Prior experience estimating projects, ideally underground or utility or gas construction projects
- Thorough understanding of the construction cycle.
- Leadership, desire and passion to manage others
- Proficient in Excel and tech savvy / can use google doc sheets
Chief Estimator – Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Heavy Job estimating software experience a huge plus (we just implemented it and need your expertise!)
This role requires successful completion of a background investigation, driving record and drug test prior to start date.
Compensation DOE. You will also have the opportunity to earn quarterly performance bonuses.
You will be provided with a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family, generous paid time off, and employer funded retirement plan.
Sunday, January 3, 2021