Area Sales Manager - Bakersfield Territory
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Bakersfield, CA
Symborg - Innovative Bio Agriculture Company
Are you looking for the opportunity to sell a revolutionary product that is changing the agriculture industry? Do you want to provide solutions to local growers, farmers, and distributors to maximize their business? Interested in advanced biotechnology and agricultural innovations?
If you are a sales professional passionate about helping others elevate their business by providing innovative agricultural solutions, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Your sales territory will cover the Southern California area, based from Bakersfield.
Area Sales Manager – Job Duties
As an Area Sales Manager, you will serve as a dedicated resource, helping the company achieve product placement and sales goals with growers, farmers, and distributors. The majority of your job will be traveling to customer locations (mostly local travel, some overnight travel).
Job duties include:
- Work with Region Manager to set annual sales and gross profit goals.
- Build and maintain effective relationships withlocal distributors, their field reps and customers.
- Cover defined geographic area with permanent field presence.
- Plan marketing actions by whichdistributors achieve their targets.
- Identify and enhance relations with the technical staff of our customers.
- Seekcustomer feedback on product quality, product effectiveness, pricing, etc. to share with Region Manager and Technical Advisor.
- Update CRM system regularly and accurately, including tracking and monitoring sales activities to achieve sales goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to distributors and customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct field trials with customers in different targeted crops to validate use of our products.
- Attend seminars, trade shows, conferences, technical crop events, and grower meetings to strengthen business development.
- Collaborate with Area Sales Manager team to share best practices that enhance sales process and product placement.
- Supervise, communicate, and manage incidents related to our products.
- Work closely with our R&D and production departments on new products and modifications to existing products.
A successful Area Sales Manager is performance-driven, who builds credibility with growers, farmers, and distributors to add value to the business. Additionally, a successful Sales Manager desires to make an impact, eager to share innovation and quality customer experience.
Area Sales Manager – Required Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in sales in agriculture
- Knowledge of plant nutrition, crop production, plants physiology, and biochemistry.
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products and CRM / sales software tools.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Ability and desire to travel within your sales region.
Area Sales Manager –Desired, Not Required
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture/horticulture, crop science, soil science, or equivalent degree.
- Prior experience in an agricultural products field representative role.
- Knowledge of local agricultural practices.
- Ability to communicate conversationally in Spanish.
This position requires travel to customers and distributors throughout your region. You will be provided with a company vehicle and fuel card.
This position reports directly to the Region Manager.
We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, commission incentive compensation, a company car, iPad, cell phone, medical insurance coverage, and an annual retirement contribution.
We are expanding our established international operations into the United States and seeking top sales professionals to join our team. Come be a part of an extraordinary biotechnology company that is changing the agricultural industry.
Sunday, October 4, 2020