Payroll Specialist (+ Full-Cycle Accounting Exposure)
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Livermore, CA
Have you mastered payroll and ready for more challenges and exposure to more financial accounting? Got your feet wet with financial statements and account reconciliations and want to dive right in? If you are ready for your next step in a bigger role, leading payroll AND gaining new exposures to supporting full-cycle accounting functions and month-end close procedures, working under an Accounting Manager, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are seeking a Payroll Specialist / Senior Accountant to join our work family and support our large team.
Payroll Specialist with Accounting – All Job Duties:
In this role, you will be responsible for all weekly union payroll processing, as well as assisting with other financial and month-end close general ledger duties. Your role is estimated to be 70% payroll duties and 30% financial accounting support duties.
- Process weekly in-house union payroll on schedule, including following up to ensure all timesheets are received, input and review of payroll, reconciliations, and preparing related union payroll and certified payroll reports.
- Answer any questions from the team about payroll related items and timecards.
- Prepare monthly union Trust reports (4-6 different unions).
- Support External Certified Payroll audits and OCIP audits
- Assist with month-end close and financial preparation including booking journal entries, account reconciliations for select accounts and supporting Accounting Manager in financial accounting duties.
- Assist with preparing schedules for year-end audit
Payroll Specialist with Accounting Duties – Required Skills, Experience & Character:
- Prior experience processing payroll in-house in a union environment, including certified payroll reporting
- Self-sufficient, organized, detail oriented, persistent, and strong follow-up skills – you will need to meet tight deadlines and manage many moving parts!
- Enjoys providing customer service and friendly to work with both field personnel and in-office team
- Strong MS Excel skills – ability to navigate spreadsheets, formulas (vLookups, pivot tables a plus)
- Desire for a long-term role with the company and opportunity for promotion into a greater role
Payroll Specialist with Accounting Duties – Desired, Not Required:
- Prior experience with general ledger accounting duties including supporting month-end close, account reconciliations and supporting financial statement preparation
- Knowledge or prior exposure to job costing and work-in-process (WIP) schedules
- Experience working with Sage 300 / Timberline software
- Degree in Accounting (BS or BA) preferred
You will be provided with a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for you, 401k with employer contribution, ESOP participation opinion, generous paid time off and more.
Response to COVID-19:
We are committed to the safety of our team members and the community. This position will be an in-office position (not remote) with staggered schedules in order to provide you with support and on-the-job training while also providing safety and health to our valued team members.
Monday, August 31, 2020