Vice President (VP) of Finance
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Sacramento, CA, United States
Ready for an opportunity where you can build a department and team? Bring your innovations and ideas to a long-term home that is the pillar of the Sacramento region. Be heard with a team that cares about YOU as much as creating positive change in the Sacramento community and beyond.
We are seeking a Vice President (VP) of Finance. This role is newly created as a result of bringing our accounting function back in-house to centralize finance and grow a team internally.
Vice President (VP) of Finance – Your Job Duties
You will serve an integral role, managing all aspects of the finance and accounting department, building a team and helping grow and scale the organization. You will operate in both a hands-on and strategic capacity, depending on the day.
- Primary responsibility for the performance and oversight of daily accounting for several entities, including all accounts payables (AP), accounts receivables (AR), monitoring cash position and general ledger recordkeeping.
- Assist with recruitment and hire of finance and accounting staff. Subsequently, manage, supervise and mentor the staff as well as provide training on their roles and responsibilities.
- Responsible for annual budgeting and monthly budget monitoring.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements - reporting to the CEO, Finance Committee and Board.
- Work directly with third-party accounting firm regarding annual audit and preparation of tax filings.
- Provide insights, advice and findings regarding increasing revenue, cost reductions and other innovative ideas that may positively impact the Organization’s finances.
Vice President (VP) of Finance – Required Skills, Experience & Personality Fit
- You are hands on AND strategic – you can manage accounts payable if you need to, compile a financial statement or provide financial statement review and recommendations. No task is too big or too small.
- Creative thinking – you bring your ideas for how to improve the organization’s finances.
- Passion – you are committed to the important work of the Sacramento Metro Chamber and our community impact.
- Have shown a track record of increasing responsibility for financial management.
- Professional – you are comfortable speaking with our staff and Board Members about financial matters (and with a strict level of discretion).
- Prior experience or ability to quickly learn QuickBooks Enterprise software.
- Strong MS Excel skills and ability to effectively and efficiently utilize MS Office suite of products.
- Communicator – You are just as skilled with managing the numbers as you are talking about the meaning behind them.
Vice President (VP) of Finance – Desired, Not Required
- Experiencing using the Bill.com accounts payable (AP) platform for bill pay.
- Degree in finance, accounting or related.
- Prior experience with grant financial management.
Compensation DOE. This role is physically located on-site, in the Urban Hive located in Downtown Sacramento. Your parking is included. You will be provided with comprehensive medical insurance benefits with several options, generous vacation time, sick time, 4 additional mental health floating holidays, paid holidays and bonus potential. In addition, you will receive in-office perks including snacks, coffee bar, fruit and kombucha.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
DOE + Bonus