Field Safety Specialist
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Benicia, CA
Do you have a passion for safety in construction, ensuring the team is performing their job safely and effectively, and providing training and guidance? OSHA certified? Love the variety of getting out into the field and visiting a variety of job sites every week?
Added bonus that you will be working with a fun team in an established company.
This newly-created opportunity as a Field Safety Specialist may be the perfect next step for you.
Field Safety Specialist – Your Job Duties
In this integral role, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of our job sites and continuously promoting a culture of safety. You will receive a schedule of construction jobs to visit each week (ranging from 5-10 job sites per week). Your duties will include:
- Perform safety and equipment audits of company equipment, vehicles, facilities, job sites and PPE safety equipment to identify and correct potential safety hazards and ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Complete a detailed written description of all job site visits.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees regarding safety initiatives (and corrective actions, when needed).
- Assist in job site accident, near-miss and occupational injury investigations to determine probable root causes. Provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist in employee safety programs to determine adequacy including input on short and long-term strategic safety planning and development.
- Identify best practices and assist in continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process errors (WPE), raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Assist with developing ongoing strategic vision and processes for safety programs.
Field Safety Specialist – Required Prior Experience & Skills
- OSHA safety certifications (OSHA 10, OSHA 30, OSHA 7505 or related safety certification)
- Prior experience performing construction safety, reporting and record/document control duties, including frequent field site visits
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities including construction field personnel and providing safety training, safety guidance and safety coaching to field personnel
Field Safety Specialist – Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Prior experience working in a safety role with an underground utility, electric gas and distribution construction company
- Experience working with a union workforce
This role requires successful completion of a background investigation, driving record and drug test prior. You may occasionally required to visit a construction site outside of normal business hours. Compensation DOE. You will be provided with a company vehicle and fuel card. You will also have the opportunity to earn quarterly performance bonuses. You will be provided with a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family, generous paid time off, and employer funded retirement plan.
Monday, January 11, 2021