Project Manager - Utility-Level Electric /Gas Construction
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Benicia, CA
Ready to join a company with a top-tier culture where you can continue to grow? Apply your project management skills as a mentor with a no-drama growing company where you can do what you love for the long term.
Added bonus? We are veteran-owned.
We are expanding with a new Project Manager role as a result of company growth.
Project Manager – Your Job Duties
You will oversee and manage between 5-8 active construction projects at any time, ranging from $1M to $5M on average, and taking an average of 6 months to 1 year to complete.
- Manage projects with strict customer requirements (schedule, cost, quality), which include engineering and/or permitting scope
- Provide mentorship to Field Engineers, Project Coordinators and Junior Project Managers to assist with their career development and growth
- Perform job costing and billing, working with the accounting team
- Provide management and control of the project scope, schedule, and budget to ensure that projects are properly planned, executed and closed within budget and scope
- Maintain culture of safety and safety standard at all times
- Provide client management, communication, and support
- Visit jobsites as often as necessary
- Travel when needed
Project Manager – Required Skills & Prior Experience
- Strong understanding of the construction cycle from inception to completion of project
- Prior experience in a Project Management role in construction, managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience and ability to budget jobs and perform billing for jobs
- Proficient in MS Excel (used for job budgets and billing, along with HCSS software system)
Project Manager – Culture Fit
You are someone who enjoys mentoring and helping others grow their careers, as well as providing top-tier customer service. You enjoy working with a strong team that is committed to quality, safety and stewardship. You want to be a part of a long-term opportunity.
Project Manager – Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Project management experience in utility-level electric or gas construction
- Prior experience working with PG&E, SoCal Gas, SCE, or an underground utility company
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Project Management
- Bilingual Spanish
You must be able to successfully complete a drug test and have a clean driving record.
Why this Company?
You will be provided with a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family, generous paid time off and an employer funded retirement plan. You will also receive a company vehicle.
Monday, January 11, 2021