Designer (Design + Build in San Francisco)
Hire Education Consulting Group
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Want to collaborate with a solid production team to bring your functional designs to life in San Francisco’s wonderfully unique and quirky homes?
We are hiring a Designer to be responsible for the development and documentation of project designs, specifications, and selections in accordance with our client’s objectives and budget. This is a newly created role as a result of rapid growth – we are growing growing growing and need you!
As Designer, your Role & Job Duties will include:
- Design and deliver plans, specifications, and other design documentation to price, permit and build residential remodel projects including collaborating with vendor/suppliers to develop plans that meet client’s budget and specific needs.
- Collaborate on review of design plans with Project Manager at concept, schematic, design development and construction.
- Submit all documentation of phases prior to client presentations to ensure adherence to budget.
- Plan timeliness-build design schedule, manage deliverables schedule and communicate schedules to the team and client.
- Ensure proposed plans are compliant with San Francisco (SF) building and planning code.
- Obtain pricing quotes from suppliers for selection items with delivery lead times.
- Create a journal of activities and a flow chart of design phases to illustrate the design process as a training tool for future designers and identify design department needs.
Designer – Required Skills & Experience
- Prior design experience
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and documents
- Technology proficiency, specifically with Google Suite of products (google docs) and MS Excel
- Valid Driver’s License – you need to have the ability to travel to job sites
- Authorization and ability to work in the United States (no H1 sponsorship provided)
Designer – Desired, Not Required
- Prior experience using Buildertrend, Sketchup and autoCAD software platforms
- Knowledge of San Francisco (SF) building code
- Prior experience in an architectural firm or interior design firm
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related
- Licensed Architect
- Prior experience with residential remodel work
Compensation DOE. Work from home flexibility and flexibility with work hours.
You will be provided with medical insurance benefits, vacation time, sick time, retirement plan and paid parking.
Join a team of talented craftsman, designers and architects that work together to bring high-end clients a remodeling experience that meets their desires, needs and budget.
Thursday, April 29, 2021