Hire Education Consulting Group
- Benicia, CA
Are you a procurement expert? Construction supplies and materials master? Organizational oracle? Looking for a long-term home where you can apply your construction procurement skills with a stable, growing company?
This could be your perfect next home!
We are adding a construction Procurement Specialist to our growing team. This role is open as a result of an internal promotion.
Your Job Duties:
In this role as the Procurement Specialist, you will procure materials including piping, conduit, traffic control materials and other supplies needed for our construction jobs. In addition, you will manage relationships with U.S. suppliers, vendors, internal operations and yard staff.
- Create and prepare up to a dozen of purchase orders on any given day, solicit bid proposals and reviews requisitions for construction goods and services, including inventory by using FileMaker software.
- Manage relationships with suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on safety, price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Review order acknowledgements for accuracy, track shipment delivery dates, and follow up on undelivered goods.
- Work closely with internal clients (Operations, yard, finance) and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Resolves disputes with vendor on contract interpretation.
- Support inventories.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
Procurement Specialist - Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven construction procurement experience in purchasing construction goods and services, negotiating contracts, inventory management to achieve cost savings.
- Ability to locate new construction suppliers or vendors and interpret contractual language.
- Ability to buy from existing suppliers and vendors and resolve order disputes.
- Must be able to collaboratively work in moderate to high-volume environment and able to prioritize workload independently based on procurement department priorities and goals.
- Ability to communicate and follow through on construction material orders and services for internal management, accounts payable and field staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). and contract information systems, such as FileMaker is a plus.
Procurement Specialist - This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous.
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges and takes initiative.
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment.
- Passionate – enjoys working in the construction industry.
Procurement Specialist - COVID-19 Precaution(s):
We are committed to the health and safety of our team in adhering to the Covid-19 precautions which includes social distancing, remote interview process, personal protective equipment provided or required, and sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures that are place.
This role requires successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen prior to start date.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position.
Compensation salary, DOE. You will also have the opportunity to earn quarterly performance bonuses. You will be provided with a comprehensive benefits package including 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for you and your family, generous paid time off, and employer funded retirement plan.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021