Accounting Manager – Rapid Pace, Fun Team, No Two Days are Alike!
Hire Education Consulting Group
- Woodland, CA
You know accounting? You like variety? You’ve come to the right place.
If you are someone who is always looking for new challenges, enjoys an environment that is constantly keeping you on your toes and you are looking for a place you can grow up the ladder, this could be the perfect fit.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to support our accounting operations. This is a new role as a result of company growth. You also have the opportunity to work from home several days a week.
Accounting Manager - Job Duties
As the Accounting Manager, your job duties involve supporting the Controller and daily accounting operations that keep the accounting records current and accurate.
- Manage the company accounts payable including working with automated AP system
- Perform all billing and accounts receivable functions including generating batch of invoices weekly and following up for invoice collection
- Support the monthly close including all financial reports, financial statements and account reconciliations
- Extract and export data from QuickBooks and into Excel to generate necessary reports and financial information
- Book journal entries (i.e. posting depreciation entries, brokerage commission calculation and payment, booking inventory journal entries and helping track inventory in third party warehouses)
- Support Controller in working with third party accounting firm including providing all requested reports and other accounting information needed
Accounting Manager – Experience & Culture Fit
- Strong MS Excel skills including manipulating data from accounting software into Excel (vLook ups, macros, pivot tables)
- General ledger accounting knowledge including debits and credits, navigating a financial statement and independently running a month-end close
- Ability to juggle many tasks and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility – we are entrepreneurial and rapidly growing
- Self-accountability – able to work independently with limited oversight, problem-solve on your own
- Prior experience using QuickBooks (would be a plus)
- Prior experience working in accounting in a small business or start-up environment (strongly desired)
This position reports directly to the CFO. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, PTO and other benefits. Added bonus – The opportunity to work remotely and come in to the office only 1 day a week!
The Accounting Manager position offers growth potential and you will receive training and mentorship from a CFO.
Monday, October 12, 2020