- Bolingbrook, IL
People Tree is a full service recruitment firm focused on improving the candidate and client experience.
We are currently recruiting an IT Systems Administrator for our client, a nationwide apparel company with headquarters in the Chicagoland area. The IT System Administrator is responsible for monitoring, managing, and analyzing the server and workstation health. This is a stable role with a family owned business that is in the top of their industry. Take ownership of your own system improvement projects, and ensure the crucial functions of the day to day business run smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- On a daily basis review system logs, disk space utilization, processor and memory utilization
- Engage in setup, analysis, and troubleshooting tasks related to hardware and software.
- Configure and maintain security tools (web, filter, spam filter, virus protection, SonicWall, Meraki firewalls, wireless, etc.)
- Configure and maintain remote access to the network (portal, VPN, terminal services, etc.)
- Manage Hypervisor Server
- Administer and maintain server backup systems for data backup and recovery
- Establish and maintain server documentation, SOPS, and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on all network equipment and software configurations Create and update knowledge base articles
Required Education, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- 5+ years of professional IT experience is required.
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of fault-tolerance schemes and disaster recovery preferred
- Proven abilities in Windows desktop and server administration.
- Mastery of basic TCP/IP Skills.
- Proven technical, analytical, data collection and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- Server OS and associated technologies - project execution, installation, migration, configuration and troubleshooting (Windows Server 2016, PowerShell, Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft O365 administrative tools
- Experience within an Azure environment
- Microsoft MCSE and/or CompTIA certifications required
- Strong organizational and communications skills with project management capabilities.
- Assertive, customer-friendly and goal-driven attitude.
- Reliable personal transportation and a valid driver’s license for use in traveling to remote offices.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Tuesday, September 15, 2020