Big Data QA Engineer
- Irvine, CA, United States
We are hiring a Big Data QA Engineer for our client, a global data-driven company with locations in Texas and California. This is a great opportunity to build the latest automation tools to test a critical, enterprise wide platform. You will be working with very large data sets on the Google Cloud Platform.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills with a QA mindset and SQL fundamentals.
What you will do:
- Analyze, test, and build tools to ensure data quality and validation for a critical platform.
- Plan and execute automation tasks ensuring testing standards are followed within the team.
- Provide technical support to delivery teams which may include testing and creation of utilities to support testing.
- Work creatively and efficiently in troubleshooting and resolution of system issues
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other data related fields.
- 5+ years of strong experience with SQL, PL/SQL
- 2+ years of Python
- Exposure to handling very large data sets.
- Experience creating and using RESTful APIs for enterprise applications (JSON, REST)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Py Spark and/or Pandas is a huge plus
- Deep expertise with Spark, Hive and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Azure
- Experience with the latest trends in cloud computing, distributed systems, web technologies, and UI/UX standards
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting and analytical skills required
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
*Please note our client is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice. https://hirepeopletree.com/ccpa
Tuesday, August 11, 2020