Chief Technology Officer
Tampa, FL, US
We are looking for a hands-on Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the P&C Insurance business. You will report directly to the CEO.
You will lead and communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers and ensure company’s technologies are innovative and used appropriately. The CTO will make executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with their vision for its technological needs. This ideal candidate is a balance of strategic thinking and technical expertise. We are looking for someone who is strategic thinking, an effective communicator, energetic, innovative, and has expert experience in development and technologically supporting a business.
If you consider yourself a leader in technology and business who strives to make impact, we encourage you to explore this position.
· Set a strategic vision for how technology will be used within the company to benefit stakeholders
· Ensure that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs; recruit, hire and retain a high-performance team
· Outline goals for research and development; ensure proper training and implementation
· Create and manage timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
· Lead and mentor team members; coach, provide feedback and build relationships to ensure team is supported and challenged
· Maintain a consumer-focused culture, always have support team striving to exceed needs of internal team
· Aid in the delivery of IT projects to market; focusing on innovation and reliable, on-time implementation
· Manage technology budgets and time frames, ensuring deadlines are met
· Stay on top of technology and development trends to ensure company is utilizing the most relevant platforms and languages
· Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory and industry standards
Required Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; Master's degree preferred
· 10+ years' experience required working in technology
· 5+ years' experience required managing a team of IT support and developers
· 2+ years' experience in a software development environment
· Advanced and well-rounded technological skillset with a demonstrated history of successful implementation
· Exceptional team management skills and excellent verbal and written communication required
· Ability to delegate efficiently while getting into code and backend of system as needed
· Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future
· Insurance industry and experience working with a claims management system highly preferred
· Cloud Providers: AWS / Azure
· Container Services: Docker / Kubernetes / Amazon EKS / Azure KS
· Log Analysis: Elastic (ELK) stack / Grafana / InfluxDB
· Databases: SQL Server / MySQL / PostgreSQL
· Big Data / Data Analysis: Apache Hadoop / Google BigQuery / Amazon Redshift / Snowflake
· Business Intelligence: MicroStrategy / Tableau
· Message Broker: RabbitMQ / Apache Kafka / Amazon Kinesis / Azure Event Hubs
· Mobile App Development: React Native / AWS Amplify
o React / Angular
· C# (.NET Core)
· Go / Golang
Barbara Ziegler is the founder and sole proprietor of HiRe Solutions. Barbara has more than 20+ years of recruiting experience. She started her recruiting career when she left Colorado State University and became a recruiter for local Fort Collins, Colorado, firm Rocky Mountain Recruiting.
In 1992, Barbara established the information technology recruiting arm of a small biotech recruiting firm. The owner entrusted Barbara to build the business and train all their recruiters as the business expanded. The technology recruiting arm became so valuable that the biotech division closed and put 100% of its efforts into technology recruiting. The IT recruiting division had grown from one employee to 100+ clients and 12 employees.