Software Engineer - Backend
Hire Tomorrow, LLC
- Remote, Remote
Senior Backend Engineer
This is a remote position.
My client is seeking a Sr. Backend Engineer with strong technical chops. A self-starter who seeks to solve problems before being asked to solve them. My client is based in Philadelphia, PA but can work remotely.
If you are looking for a challenge and want to be part of a growing startup, then we would like you to apply.
- Design, build, refactor, test and maintain web applications and services
- Adding new features to the web application front end and back end
- Communicate project progress with management on a weekly basis.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- Become a valued member of a distributed, cross-functional team
Desired Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years of development experience
- Background in fintech or wealth tech preferred
- Experience building beautiful web apps and mobile apps
- Strong proficiency in our tech stack Node JS React-Redux-Typescript
- Strong proficiency in Amazon tech stack (CloudSearch, CloudFront, DynamoDB, EC2, Route 53)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Understanding of security compliance. Experience building HIPAA Compliant or FedRamp certified applications is a plus.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems and servers
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub
- Great communicator, keep the team up to date on where you are with a project.
- High level of accountability, if you're assigned a project you own it.
- Experience delegating coding tasks
- Enjoys working with and mentoring junior developers
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with my client company (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Thursday, July 8, 2021