Entry Level Sign Installer & Service Technician
Hire With Ease
- Englewood, CO
Royal Signs is a full-service sign company, located in Englewood, CO, that has served the Denver metro area since 1996.
We are looking for an Entry Level person to join our team and start their career with us. This is a great chance to get in with a stable and growing company, where you will be encouraged to grow and advance while training under an experienced Sign Installer.
The primary duties of the Sign Installer and Service Technician are installing illuminated & non-illuminated signage and vinyl graphics, as well as servicing or repairing LED, neon, fluorescent signage.
Experienced Sign Installers are also welcome to apply and will be compensated and treated as such.
Electricians, construction workers, HVAC workers who meet qualifications will be able to be successful in this role. Others without experience, but meet all of the other requirements and desired traits will be considered, as well.
This is a great job for someone who loves to be out and about during the day, likes variety, and looks at challenges as exciting opportunities.
Requirements for all qualified applicants (experienced sign installers and those who would be trained):
- Colorado driver's license with good driving record (You must be insurable by our company. If there is an issue with your license or any reason you cannot be insured by our auto insurance carrier, please do not apply. Driving is a requirement for this job.). There is a company vehicle provided, and sometimes may be asked to use your own vehicle for which you will be compensated for.
- Basic understanding of electricity
- Can read, write, and spell well
- Good working knowledge and experience with construction tools (portable drills, saws, grinders, etc.)
- Comfortable driving in traffic and following directions on a smartphone
- Can understand simple blueprints and drawings
- Solid basic math skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- The physical ability and desire to consistently be on your feet and occasionally lifting 80 – 100 lbs.,
- Enjoy daily physical labor and working with your hands
- Understanding of various types of installation fasteners & installation methods is preferred
- Able and willing to work outside, year-round in the heat or the cold
- Able to present a professional appearance, (tattoos and piercings must be covered at all times during work, be well-groomed, and well-dressed during business hours)
- Must be comfortable with heights, ladders, and boom lifts
- Be available to work 40 hours per week, every week
- Able and willing to comply with a non-smoking work environment
Ideal Personality Traits Include, but are not limited to:
- Career Focused – someone who is interested in staying at our company for a long time, wants to grow, values job stability and is looking for great job longevity
- Likable - with a good attitude toward life and people, we have a no-drama vibe and would like to add more people to our team that are easy to get along with
- Customer Service Skills – Able to be pleasant and kind to customers
- Communicates well with all people, stays calm in all situations
- Able to follow instructions
- Enjoys working alone, work well independently - we work in teams of 2 and sometimes just 1, so you need to be ok with that
- Derive satisfaction and fulfillment in working with their hands and building things
- A problem solver – a challenge is an opportunity, not a frustration
- Adaptable and flexible - many times site conditions, as reported, end up not being the case and they have to adapt and keep moving forward
Hours, Benefits and Pay:
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Pay Range: $16 – $25/hour, depending on skills and experience (see below)
Entry level Pay Range: $16-20 starting pay
Skilled sign installer Pay Range: $25 starting pay
Transferable trade Pay Range: $20 hour starting pay (electrician, carpenter, landscaper, skilled tradesman in construction, HVAC, etc.)
1.5 overtime pay, after 40 hours. Working on a weekend is extremely rare. Overtime pay does not happen that much either.
One week of paid vacation after 1st year, All major holidays off, with pay. Sick or personal days are not paid, but we are flexible and understanding of legitimate needs, and endeavor to give people time off when needed
To Apply please upload your resume or a history of your work experience and fill out the application.
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
$16 - $25.00 per hour