G&A Partners is a Houston based Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and HR Outsourcing firm and is seeking a full-time Benefits Specialist for our rapidly growing office in Denver, CO. The Benefits Specialist works within a team to assist in the administration of employee benefit plans for many clients across multiple states. These benefit plans include, but are not limited to, major medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, retirement, disability, and other ancillary benefits.
Outsourced HR at G&A is likely different from a role you might experience at an internal HR department. At G&A, HR has an important place in the Operations department, providing the critical services our clients pay for. That means customer service and the ability to tailor solutions to solve client problems is just as important as knowledge of HR/Benefits laws and practices.
• Maintain proficient understanding of eligibility requirements, plan features, and general plan design for employee benefit plans offered by clients
• Assist with the annual benefits renewal process including insurance renewals for assigned clients
• Conduct benefits orientation for new employees as well as annual benefits enrollment meetings
• Educate employees on benefit plan eligibility requirements, plan features, cost, and the enrollment process
• Enroll new employees in the appropriate benefit plans, and ensures all essential information is entered into the company's Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
• Develop good client and broker relationships
• Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customer
• Provide vendors and carriers with appropriate documentation for life and disability benefits claims
• Interface with vendors and carriers to investigate discrepancies to address routine and non-routine situations.
• Serve as a main point of contact for employees regarding the use of benefits, updating benefits packages, enrollment, changing benefits, issues with the carriers, and other related questions or concerns
• Respond to employee questions and issues regarding HIPAA, COBRA, and Section 125 compliance as well as a working knowledge and understanding of PPACA
Requirements & Skills:
• Associate's degree in business or a related field
• 2 years of experience working in a benefits administration capacity
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Life & Health license preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential over the phone, in writing, and in large groups
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
• Proficient working knowledge and understanding of spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications, such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Proficient working knowledge and understanding of group health insurance plans, eligibility requirements, plan features, Section 125, COBRA, HSA, and HIPAA compliance
• Proficiency with HRIS platformsIn addition to compensation, G&A offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, an award-winning wellness program and a full-time schedule conducive to work-life balance. To learn more, visit us at www.gnapartners.com.