Benefits Manager - Growing PEO, Top 50 Utah workplace
Hire With Ease
- South Jordan, UT
G&A Partners, a Houston based Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and HR Outsourcing firm is hiring a full-time Benefits Manager for the western region office in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Benefits Manager is the leader of G&A’s benefits department for our western region. The benefits team is responsible for administering employee benefit plans on behalf of their clients including implementations, renewals, open enrollments, and ongoing support.
About G&A Partners
G&A Partners is a full-service Human Resource outsourcing firm that assists businesses of all sizes with employment-related issues. We specialize in providing payroll services, comprehensive health and dental benefits, human resource management, risk and safety management, and many other ancillary benefits. We provide "Fortune 500" level solutions to businesses with 10 to 10,000 employees.
- Serve as the benefits subject matter expert for benefits staff, clients and partners.
- Manage escalated benefits issues from staff and clients, and answer benefits queries.
- Responsible for managing interdepartmental relationships, such as GAB, HR, Payroll, IT, etc.
- Strategically implement technology to create efficiencies in the department.
- Implement and administer department processes to ensure robust quality controls that lead to a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and compliance.
- Manage operations and allocate team resources to adjust for peak season(s).
- Review and manage design of all benefit communication pieces (i.e. new hire enrollment packets.)
- Manage vendor and broker relations.
- Oversee performance management of team members.
Open Enrollment & Renewals
- Manage client open enrollment process.
- Oversee the client plan comparisons for renewals and implementation of new plans.
- Develop long-range objectives regarding benefits programs management and the benefit plan renewal process in conjunction with other internal stakeholders.
- Liaison to the sales organization to manage client expectations/deliverables promised during the sales process.
- Oversee the onboarding of new client’s benefits.
- Assist in the integration of acquired clients and employees.
- Train and manage department employees to ensure that department actions comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Ensure company’s policies, procedures and documents (including plan documents, SPDs, SBCs, HIPAA practices, 5500s) relating to all benefit plans are prepared and distributed in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Ensure that all mandatory employee communications are being distributed timely, and in compliance, such as regulatory notices and special enrollments (i.e. FSA, HSA.) Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits compliance and benefits administrative services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 7+ Years of Benefits related experience, ideally from a PEO, Consulting, or Broker role
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role with multiple direct reports
- Ability to perform occasional overnight travel
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS systems
- L&H License required, and able to complete ACA certification within 18 months
G&A Partners has been recently recognized in Utah Business Magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work for, as well as number 16 on the "Fast 50", a list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Utah. Check it out here: https://www.gnapartners.com/press-release/ga-partners-best-companies-work-for-utah-2019/
In addition to the compensation G&A Partners offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, an award-winning wellness program and full-time schedule conducive to work-life balance. To learn more, visit us at www.gnapartners.com.
Relocation assistance may be available for candidates seeking to move to the Salt Lake City area.
Friday, April 10, 2020