Hire With Ease
- Denver, CO, United States
Are you an experienced accounting professional looking for a growth opportunity that doesn’t require 60+ hour work weeks? Westfield Company is looking for a hands-on Accounting Manager to join their team. This is an opportunity with tremendous growth potential for the right candidate.
Westfield Company is a privately owned, real estate development and investment company operating in the Denver area for over 30 years. They acquire, develop, and manage a portfolio of properties across multiple asset classes. Over the past 15 years, they have raised over $450 million in equity and capitalized over $1.1 billion in various real estate investments.
The position will have an active role in the financial activities of the organization including, budget, accounting, and tax reporting functions.
The ideal candidate will possess superior attention to detail with expert knowledge of accounting principles, compliance, and budgeting.
- Review monthly financial reports prepared by staff.
- Provide transactional accounting oversight for acquisitions, dispositions, and other capital events.
- Review budget to actual variances and provide an explanation to the management of significant variances or trends.
- Oversee the budget process and submit final budgets to VP/Controller.
- Review and approve recurring journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements for assigned real estate projects.
- Prepare tax to GAAP adjustments if required.
- Prepare for annual audits as required.
- Work closely with external financial statement auditors.
- Prepare tax work papers for VP/Controller review and work closely with an external tax preparer.
- Prepare financial reporting package to owners and lenders for VP/Controller review.
- Review quarterly re-forecasts and prepare management summary for review by VP/Controller.
- Review and approve draw requests as necessary.
- Review operating and loan agreements and summarize accounting and reporting requirements.
- Backup other accounting positions as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist VP/controller with special projects
- Assist with due diligence upon acquisition and/or sale of real estate projects
- MRI software support
- AVID support backup
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting
- CPA designation
- Real estate development experience preferred but no required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, and financial statement preparation
- Knowledge of internal control and compliance
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to quality, accuracy, and timeliness
- Problem solver
- Organizational skills
- Proficient with accounting software (MRI a plus), Asset Keeper or other depreciation software; Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Demonstrated integrity, honesty, and ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to build and develop a cohesive team
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, in-office position with a salary range of $100,000 to $115,000 depending on relevant experience, with a $10,000 bonus potential.
- Roth 401k with discretionary match
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Flexible spending plan
- Continuing education benefits
Monday, April 18, 2022