Sistahbiz Global Network is a business accelerator providing affordable options for coaching, training, and services to help Black women build scalable, sellable models and access the back office support, financial and social capital that they need to play big in business.
We are seeking a polished, self-motivated professional Accounting Clerk to join our passionate powerhouse team. This role will perform clerical duties and ensure accuracy of financial records and will play a critical role in keeping the business accounting managed and up to date. The successful candidate will be responsible for reconciling accounts payable and receivable accounts, preparing payroll, balancing department budgets, invoicing clients, ensuring prompt payment of invoices, and developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system for our firm.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Typing accurately, preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records
- Preparing and following up on bills receivable, invoices
- Preparing bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements
- Monitor credit card charges, payment discrepancies, and miscellaneous charges
- Maintain orderly financial filing system
- Reconcile department accounts monthly and prepare reports to present to management
- Prepare and submit with timeliness monthly grant reimbursements in accordance with established state and federal Accepted Use of Funds guidelines
- Assist with other accounting projects in the office
- Prepare and submit a thorough financial timeline/calendar with accountability to those deadlines
KEY TRAITS AND SKILLS
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Self-motivated, and committed to excellence
- Likeness to follow protocols and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least 3 years of work experience in a related field. Strong knowledge of MS Office and QuickBooks. Non-profit experience preferred. Experience with Stripe, a plus.
HOURS & PAY
This is a remote position with the expectation of 20 hours per week, flexible availability throughout the week. Weekly Friday virtual meeting attendance required. $20-$23 per hour, depending on experience.