G&A Partners - Payroll Processor - UT
Hire With Ease
- South Jordan, UT
G&A Partners is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) offering payroll, benefits and HR outsourcing services to small and medium sized businesses in a variety of industries. Our satellite office in Denver, has an immediate opening for a Payroll Specialist. We are a rapidly growing company with over 20 years of history.
G&A Partners has been recently recognized in Business Magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work for, as well as number 7 on the "Fast 50", a list of 50 Fastest Growing Companies. Check it out here: https://www.utahbusiness.com/best-companies-to-work-for-2020/; https://www.utahbusiness.com/fast-50-2020/
This position is responsible for processing multi-client employee payroll. This is a great opportunity for someone with a keen attention to detail, technical aptitude, and excellent customer service skills to join a growing company.
We are looking for several great employees to join our team and are open to a range of experience levels for this opportunity. We encourage applicants from experienced PEO payroll specialist to those with more limited payroll experience, that have the right attitude & aptitude to learn quickly, to all apply. Our company is a great place to advance in your payroll career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews, analyzes and verifies payroll forms and reports to ensure accuracy, and makes necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Creates and maintains payroll account codes using applicable chart fields and system codes.
- Processes payroll distribution, direct deposits, and retroactive payments.
- Sets up and reconciles voluntary payroll deductions, prepares reports, identifies and researches exceptions.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves payroll related issues or questions from employees and other internal staff.
- Assists in identifying and recommending development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations utilizing knowledge of company and client payroll requirements, as well as state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Compiles and analyzes payroll data, makes recommendations and determinations, and prepares reports, as required.
- Processes and maintains employee tax withholding forms, direct deposit information, and changes in employee personal data.
- Receives and responds to pay related inquiries using discretion and effective oral and written communication with employees, clients and internal staff.
- Review time sheets in time management system, work tickets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Ensures accurate and complete processing of timesheet data into the payroll system, and processes timesheet exceptions into the system, as necessary.
- Processes paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system and time management system.
- Records employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Issues and records adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Provides information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
- Keeps informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Compiles statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submits them to appropriate departments.
- Conducts verifications of employment.
- Completes, verifies, and processes forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
- Attends departmental and company meetings, as required.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethics, accountability, responsibility, initiative and teamwork at all times.
- Performs all assigned job duties in accordance with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Computer experience, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Two years’ experience working in a same or similar capacity handling a high volume of payroll transactional related activity; or An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ethics - Displays the highest levels of integrity, honesty, respect, and sound judgment at all times.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of own actions, decisions and contributions as an individual contributor and team member within the organization.
- Results Driven - Displays behaviors and work ethic that are bottom-line oriented, and demonstrates consistency in producing results that support the business goals and objectives.
- Customer Service Orientation - Provides helpful, courteous, accessible, responsive and knowledgeable client centric support to all internal and external clients.
G&A Partners offers medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, an award winning wellness program and a full-time schedule conducive to work-life balance.
This position is full-time, standard business hours, Monday - Friday. Pay is $20 - 29/hr (depending on experience), plus benefits. This position is temporarily work-remote due to covid-19, and will return to in-person, in the office full-time, when company policy and circumstances allow.
To Apply, please submit your resume.
Wednesday, April 7, 2021