Human Resources Specialist - Top Workplace - PHR or SHRM-CP
Hire With Ease
- South Jordan, UT
G&A Partners, a Houston based Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and HR Outsourcing firm is hiring a full-time Human Resources Specialist for the western region office in Salt Lake City, UT. The new HR Specialist will work closely within the Human Resources team providing HR services to small and medium sized businesses in a wide variety of industries and in several states.
Outsourced HR at G&A is a little different from the support role you might experience in an internal HR department. At G&A, HR has an important place in the Operations department, providing the critical services our clients pay for. That means customer service and the ability to tailor solutions to solve client problems is just as important as knowledge of HR laws and practices.
G&A Partners has been recently recognized in Utah Business Magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work for, as well as number 16 on the "Fast 50", a list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Utah. Check it out here: https://www.gnapartners.com/press-release/ga-partners-best-company-work-utah-2018/
The HR Specialist works within our HR team, partnering with HR Advisors and other team members so that they can provide excellent customer service and human resource advice to our Clients.
- Conduct initial interviews and gather information for employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other concerns; informs appropriate Advisor when additional investigation is required.
- Analyze job duties, write rough drafts of job descriptions, create job postings and post jobs.
- Perform phone screens and interviews for clients when needed.
- Perform job evaluations and job analyses for review.
- Prepare compensation surveys for review.
- Assist with recordkeeping related to hiring, termination, leave, transfer, and promotion particularly as related to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), affirmative action, and diversity initiatives.
- Conduct surveys, interviews, and other research related to human resource policies, compensation, collects information and reports results to HR Manager.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to EEO, affirmative action, labor relations, and human resources.
- Assist with preparation of plans, policies, documents, and reports including EEO-1 and organizational charts.
- Create employee handbooks for review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Utilize the Case Management system to record case notes.
Requirements & Skills:
- 5+ years as a Human Resources Generalist or Specialist or similar position with emphasis in employee relations required
- Current PHR or SHRM-CP certification required
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems
- Intermediate understanding of employment law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
In addition to the compensation G&A Partners offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, an award-winning wellness program and full-time schedule conducive to work-life balance. To learn more, visit us at www.gnapartners.com.
Friday, December 20, 2019