Blind and Window Treatment Technician (Build, Assemble and Install) - Will train
Hire With Ease
- Denver, CO
About the Company:
A locally owned and successful blinds and window coverings company based in Southeast Denver (Quebec & Evans) is seeking a Blind Fabricator / Fabrication Technician! This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is skilled in working with their hands, working with power tools, is organized, and highly focused.
The company is one the of region’s largest distributors of blinds, plantation shutters, and motorized shades and is known for its commitment to quality service. The Fabrication Technician is one of the most important individuals within our company.
We are a smaller company with a supportive, family style culture. The majority of our team members have been with us for many years. This is a place where you will be given the resources and support that you need to build a long-term career.
About the Opportunity:
Blind Corners & Curves in Denver seeks a qualified, professional fabrication technician for a full-time position. Window covering experience is helpful, but not required. Our ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of hands on experience working with your hands and is accustomed to working with power tools, and paying attention to details. Experience in the industry is not required. Most importantly, you must be someone that truly wants to go the extra mile to provide top-notch service.
Job Duties Include (But not limited to):
- Create, assemble and build window coverings
- Help organize materials in shop and warehouse
- Use simple computer programs (email)
- Installation of blinds, shades, shutters and other window treatments
- Servicing and repair of window coverings
Required Education, Experience, Traits and Skills of Ideal Candidate:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and can climb up and down ladders
- Prior general workmanship skills from any hands-on industry
- Current and valid driver's license (with clean driving record)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Self-directed and able to work independently and work as a valuable team player
- Friendly, courteous, pleasant with all types of people with an outstanding level of customer service
- Ability to learn and handle new technology as introduced to the window covering and installation industry
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication including telephone, written and verbal communication skills are critical when interfacing with all levels of staff and clients
- Punctual and dependable
- Previous success in hands on positions including any type of light fabrication, light carpentry, low voltage or home automation experience, or construction related positions is helpful, but not required
- $14 - $16/hour, DOE
- 2 weeks’ vacation plus paid holidays
- Paid training. Real-time support in the field
- Opportunities for installer trainings and industry-related conferences
- Possibilities for promotion
- Typical working schedule ranging from 8-5 pm with Saturday assignments optionally available
- Work vehicle for when needed
- Smart phone
- All tools necessary
To Apply, please follow the link below to fill out the application and submit your resume.
Thursday, February 14, 2019