Participant Services Associate (Customer Service Rep) $18-20/hour
Hire With Ease
- Bingham Farms, MI
About Alliance Benefit Group of Michigan
Alliance Benefit Group of Michigan (ABGMI) helps businesses start and maintain their retirement plans. Many employers offer a 401(k) plan, we are hired by those employers to handle the trading and accounting for everyone’s investments while making sure the retirement plan is run efficiently and accurately. We offer a learning environment where you collaborate with your team and enjoy the flexibility a smaller company offers for a well-suited work/life balance. People enjoy working here, we are proud of our employee retention rate. We are looking for individuals who want to come to work every day, always doing something new, prepared to learn and study and continue to grow.
About the job
The Participant Services Associate is part of a small, but growing, call center team who’s primarily goal is to help problem solve and exceed clients’ expectations while developing positive relationships with them.The Participant Services Associate is expected to handle approximately 30 inbound and outbound calls per day, with the length of calls ranging from 3 – 30 minutes.Additionally, you will respond to emails regarding general account inquiries and some troubleshooting.You don’t need prior industry experience, but you do need to have a desire to learn and be interested in building a career.
Our ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service skills, be comfortable being on the phone approximately 5 hours each day, is a great team player, and has a friendly demeanor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Receive incoming participant calls and emails and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely
- Perform outbound participant calls to obtain further information or explain unclear information as requested
- Problem solve issues that are presented by callers
- Maintain all database systems accurately based on participant information provided
- Work with the workflow system to verify incoming documents
- Enter new election forms or any changes to forms into the database
- Prepares and mails monthly eligibility communications and ensures they are sent out timely.
- Prepares correspondence to and for participants via scan, copy or fax.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work and projects; assists others as needed.
- Solicits and applies direction, mentoring and feedback from others; asks questions and acts on feedback and instruction.
- Provides high-quality deliverables and services with the highest level of customer service.
- Communicates and models the vision and strategy of the Firm.
- Commits to continuous improvement of quality deliverables and services.
- Complete any special projects assigned by supervisor or other members of management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collaborative team member who maintains a positive attitude and approach, even in adverse circumstances
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to develop mutually beneficial working relationships with all stakeholders; effectively communicate with customers and staffs; and superior services skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to communicate with others, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with problem resolution that is handled in a timely and accurate manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Possesses and demonstrates expert analytical review and evaluation skills
- Professional demeanor demonstrating objectivity, integrity and ethical behavior
- Courteous and tactful, exercising sound judgement
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work independently, to organize and manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines with supervision
Required experience, education and skills:
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience providing outstanding customer service to clients, customers and/or patients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with the ability to utilize technology tools effectively and efficiently
- Ability to perform technical research and analysis, draw conclusions and recommend solutions
- Ability to read and interpret plan documents
- Demonstrated good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills with a
- Ability to communicate financial information effectively and in a way that is easily understood by those not familiar with industry terminology
- Willingness to obtain and maintain professional certification
- Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or some college
- 1 -3 years’ experience working with retirement plans or in financial industry
- Desire to obtain ASPPA Qualified 401K Administrator (QKA) professional certification
- Basic knowledge of retirement plan regulatory environment, and application of current employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) regulations
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
This individual will work in a business casual environment on a rotating shift that is scheduled a month in advance. Although there is flexibility in scheduling based on personal and family life, applicants need to be able to work various shifts between 8am – 6:30pm, Monday – Friday. Pay is $18-20/hour, DOE. Benefits include:
- Flexibility when needed
- Vacation and PTO plans
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Long Term Care Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Plan and Medical Reimbursement Accounts
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply below. We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.
Wednesday, January 30, 2019