Part-time Office Manager & Administrator
Hire With Ease
- Aurora, CO
Holy Love Lutheran Church (www.holylovelutheran.org) located at Quincy and Chambers in Aurora, is part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (www.elca.org).HLLC is seeking a part-time Office Administrator to work 20 hours per week.
This person will support staff, volunteers, and members of the congregation in creating a welcoming and hospitable place where people can proclaim and live the Good News of God’s love in Jesus Christ. Specifically, the Office Administrator will create an office environment which reflects and embodies professionalism as well as hospitality to all.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Produce weekly bulletins as well as special services (Lent, Advent, Christmas Eve, Funeral, Good Friday, etc.) using Microsoft Publisher. This includes coordinating with worship and music team, organist, pastor, and congregation members to gather all appropriate materials for the bulletin and layout properly. Editing, proofreading, and formatting skills are required on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy and professional presentation.
- Manage correspondence, including:
- In person, at the office: All visitors to Holy Love will be welcomed with courtesy and compassion.
- Messages: E-mail, voicemail, and social media messaging (eg. Facebook) are to be checked regularly, at least three times per day (morning, noon, and before leaving for the day), and dealt with as appropriate.
- Telephone: All callers to Holy Love will be greeted with courtesy and compassion.
- Postal Mail: Incoming mail is sorted and distributed, unopened, to the addressee. Mail addressed to the church is opened and routed appropriately.
- Manage and maintain the congregational master calendar, including the scheduling of regular and of special events.
- Coordinate with council to address facility usage requests.
- Ensure computer files are backed up appropriately.
- Manage regular outgoing communication, including:
- Congregational Newsletter (including compiling information, printing and mailing paper copies, and e-mailing electronic copies), either by coordinating with the volunteer editor, or by producing the newsletter in the office.
- Update the congregational website regularly.
- Distribute all-congregation postal mail and e-mail as necessary, and as requested by the ministry staff.
- Send out weekly congregational email via Constant Contact
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain resource files.
- Maintain Parish Roster, including:
- Official Congregational Records
- Membership transfers
- Membership Directory and Mailing List
- Track and record worship visitors. Contact visitors as directed by the ministry staff.
- Compile and publish the congregational annual report.
- Prepare the annual congregational parochial report.
- Prepare certificates.
- Participate in continuing education as needed. To be decided on in consultation with the pastor and/or the personnel committee.
- Order supplies for the office and church as needed
- High level of proficiency in using technology (computers, phones, printer/copier, etc.), and a willingness to work to increase knowledge and ability in these areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook, Google calendar, Facebook and Instagram. Experience using MS Publisher (or similar program) is highly desired.If no experience, having the ability to learn a new program quickly is imperative as this software is used on a daily basis to create the weekly bulletins that need to be printed weekly.
- Demonstrated the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Identifies tasks that need to be completed and takes initiative to see that they get done.
- Effective communicator, demonstrating relational skills with people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with liturgical worship and church culture
- Theology and values are in harmony with Lutheran Theology, and with Holy Love’s mission, vision, and values.
- This ministry description is in alignment with personal vocational calling, skills, and ability to learn.
- Professional work ethic and positive attitude
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
- 20-25 hours per week in the office, including during office hours (which are currently Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 1:00)
- $15/hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid Time Off: 40 hours per year, accumulated as 1.5 hours per pay period (every two weeks) for the first two years. After two years of continual employment, 3 hours of PTO per pay period. After five years of continual employment, 4.5 hours per pay period. All PTO can be accumulated through the year. Any unused time off will be paid at the end of the calendar year.
- Continuing education, support and networking (Defined in consultation with supervisor and Personnel Committee during reviews).
- Initial ministry reviews after 90 days; subsequently, ministry reviews will be conducted on an annual basis.
Interested and qualified applicants, please fill out the short application below and upload your resume. Only applications through this portal will be considered. This position will be filled as soon as possible, and we will move quickly through the process.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019