Bookkeeping Assistant - Part-Time
Hire With Ease
- Cherry Creek , CO
A boutique tax law Firm in Cherry Creek is seeking a part time (20-30hrs/week) Bookkeeping Assistant/Data Entry Clerk. We are a small and growing office that is passionate about providing excellent services to our clients. It is in our nature to go above & beyond and truly be supportive to meet our clients’ needs. Our natural desire to help and support others extends to our team and we have created an environment that supports the growth and success of our employees.
In this role you will be assisting the Financial Records Manager with performing monthly bookkeeping tasks for our clients using QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop Software. Duties involve data entry, reconciliations, creating journal entries, year-end tax support, and other general bookkeeping support. Additionally, this role can require communicating with clients to help establish new files, account access, provide monthly reports, and other client support, as needed via email and phone.
The ideal person for this role would be highly organized, with an excellent eye for details, and have a client centric attitude. This position works very independently, so being able to be a self-starter and resourceful are also important. Our department is growing, so an adaptable and flexible attitude will be useful as we continue to expand our collaborative team.
Job duties include:
- Perform Monthly Bookkeeping for clients via QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online
- Input monthly transactions for individual businesses
- Reconcile all relevant balance sheet accounts (bank, credit card, mortgage, rental, payroll, etc.)
- Annually reconcile payroll accounts to W-2 data
- Create journal entries as needed
- Set up QuickBooks files for new clients
- Establish account access, build chart of accounts, etc.
- Provide monthly or quarterly financial statements to clients
- Work in collaboration with the Financial Records Manger and the Tax Department and offer support as needed
- Assist with year-end 1099 preparation for clients
- Potential for more client facing interactions
- Potential for growth in the role
- Works well/efficiently on your own without much supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong familiarity of QuickBooks Software is ideal, but not required
- Can be supplemented with desire to learn and quick adaptability
- Accounting / Bookkeeping / Finance experience a plus
Hours & Compensation:
- Part-time, 20 – 30 hours, with room for growth.
- This job requires some in-person office hours that are flexible Monday - Friday, but some work can be done remotely. Please only apply if you can work some days Monday – Friday, in person, at our Cherry Creek office, although flexible this is not a fully remote position.
- $18 - $20/hour, depending on experience.
To Apply, please upload your resume.
Monday, April 19, 2021
$18.00 - 20.00