Payroll Assistant - Printing & Shipping - Entry Level with Growing Company $16-$18/hr
Hire With Ease
- South Jordan, UT
G&A Partners, a Houston based Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and HR Outsourcing firm is hiring a full-time Payroll Assistant in our South Jordan, Utah office. This position will support our clients and our payroll team by managing the printing and shipping of critical documents and providing administrative support.
Outsourced HR at G&A is a little different from the support role you might experience in an internal HR department. At G&A, HR has an important place in the Operations department, providing the critical services our clients pay for. That means customer service and the ability to tailor solutions to solve client problems is just as important as knowledge of HR laws and practices. G&A Partners has been recently recognized in Utah Business Magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work for, as well as number 7 on the "Fast 50", a list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Utah. Check it out here: https://www.utahbusiness.com/fast-50-honorees-2/ ; https://www.mwcn.org/utah-100/ ; https://www.utahbusiness.com/2019-best-companies-to-work-for/
The Payroll Assistant is responsible for accurately printing, packaging and shipping confidential payroll information to client companies and employees utilizing client specific packaging instructions. This role will also proactively ensure all check printing and shipping supplies are well stocked and assist with ordering general supplies and providing administrative support to the payroll team.
- Accurately, print, package and ship confidential payroll related information to clients and employees following the specific client company instructions.
- Cross-check and document as required by departmental processes.
- Stock all shipping related supplies and reorder as necessary. Ensure there is always a minimum of a two-month supply on hand.
- Stock and order office supplies.
- Assist the payroll department as-needed.
- Ensure all packages are picked up by the appropriate shipping carrier as scheduled.
- Deliver shipments to carrier hubs for after-hours pickup.
- Coordinate holiday office hour information to scheduled carriers.
- Perform end of day cross-checks.
- Provide feedback to shipping carriers and work to improve processes.
- Request delivery fee credits for carrier shipping errors.
- Coordinate and oversee courier deliveries or other ad hoc solutions for shipment issues.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to payroll shipping or other job functions.
- Coordinate special events, seminars and trainings.
- Track packages; effectively communicate with clients, payroll team members or other internal team members as required.
- Provide customer-oriented problem-solving solutions for late packages.
- Keep records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Coordinate cross-departmentally as-needed.
- Document position processes and requirements.
- Recommend procedural changes to the Payroll Manager and/or Director.
- Provide progress reports to appropriate team members.
- Represent the G&A Partners team effectively; build trust and credibility and promotes transparency.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and employee information.
- Provide unsurpassed customer service to all clients internally and externally.
- Self-report 100% of all errors, issues, client dissatisfaction or perceived errors within 24 hours of occurrence to your Manager and Director.
- Complete professional development on an annual basis through coordination with the department manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma.
- 1-2 years of previous shipping experience preferred
- 1-2 years of Office Support experience preferred
- Strong technical aptitude
Friday, October 9, 2020