About Alliance Benefit Group of Michigan
Alliance Benefit Group of Michigan (ABGMI) helps businesses start and maintain their retirement plans. Many employers offer a 401(k) plan, we are hired by those employers to handle the trading and accounting for everyone’s investments while making sure the retirement plan is run efficiently and accurately. We offer a learning environment where you collaborate with your team and enjoy the flexibility a smaller company offers for a well-suited work/life balance. People enjoy working here, we are proud of our employee retention rate. We are looking for individuals who want to come to work every day, always doing something new, prepared to learn and study and continue to grow.
About the Job:
We are excited to announce a new position on the ABG team! The Retirement Plan Compliance Assistant is a newly created position to allow entry level employees to begin a long-term, skilled and valuable career! Your potential is limited only by you, we plan to hire the right person in this position who can move up within our company.
The Retirement Plan Compliance Assistant provides support to the Retirement Plan Compliance Department to ensure quarterly billing, plan administration, compliance activities and plan document services are provided timely and accurately. An excellent attention to detail is critical for this role. You must also be very organized, reliable and good at multitasking. The right person for this job would have a “can do” attitude and like being able to help others.
- Assists in the quarterly billing process by pulling various files, compiling data, setting parameters, tracking status, processing data, updating specially-handled clients, and reviews.
- Assists in the generation, delivery, tracking and billing of Retirement Plan Documents.
- Generates and reviews various compliance reports
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of high-quality deliverables and services.
- Assists in special projects for the Retirement Plan Compliance Department to ensure overall effectiveness of the operations and performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 0-1 years’ experience in retirement plan administration
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- ASPPA Qualified 401k Administrator (QKA) professional designation (or willingness to obtain)
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) with the ability to utilize technology tools effectively and efficiently
- Willingness to learn client billing system and assist in maintaining the system as well as generating and reviewing quarterly invoices
- Wiliness to learn how to read and interpret retirement plan documents, as well as create plan documents for review
- Willingness to learn retirement operation, plan design options, regulatory environment, and application of current IRS and DOL regulations
- Demonstrated good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn and understand new concepts.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to develop mutually beneficial working relationships with staff
- Strong mathematical skills, with the ability to perform complex math functions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with others, both verbal and written
- Professional demeanor demonstrating objectivity, integrity and ethical behavior
- Courteous and tactful, with a high level of diplomacy
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with problem resolution that is handled in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to plan and complete multi-dimensional, multi-step assignments
- Ability to maintain all required licensing and meet continuing education requirements on an annual basis
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
This individual will work in a business casual environment with standard hours of Monday – Friday, regular business hours. Pay is $32,000 - $35,000, Depending on Experience.
More About Alliance Benefit Group
Alliance Benefit Group of Michigan is a full-service retirement plan consulting and administration firm headquartered in Bingham Farms, MI. The firm was founded in 1969 and from day one has specialized in designing and servicing qualified and non-qualified retirement plans. And with the introduction of 401(k) plans in 1986, ABG MI has been on the forefront of providing contemporary and evolving 401(k) plan solutions for employers and their employees. Our professional team works with business owners, their employees, and advisers to create and manage successful retirement plans. We are committed to providing personal attention to each business partner we serve and are looking for ambitious self- starters who enjoy working with people, but also have great attention to detail.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply below. We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.