Nucleic Acid Chemistry Sales Manager, US
- Remote, USA
The Nucleic Acid Chemistry (NAC) Sales Manager, US is directly responsible for performance against sales goals and objectives for a North American region for the Nucleic Acid Business Unit.
In this role, the Nucleic Acid Chemistry Sales Manager will drive growth in sales of our client's NAC portfolio in a North America Territory. This role will be responsible and required to employ company best practice sales tools such CRM, sales planning and pipeline management to achieve targets whilst operating within and upholding the corporate values. Additionally this role will be expected to contribute to the development and refinement of company best practice sales discipline and routinely participate in cross-functional reviews to improve company sales and operational performance.
The role requires a strong understanding and application of strategic selling techniques, ability to quickly develop relationships and navigate customers’ organizational structures and decision-making processes, ability to assess and define points of value and differentiation in the offering and to communicate efficiently and effectively to win client business. These tools, together with knowledge of the broader Genomics market, technology & IP landscape, will support and drive the critical points of success for this role.
Though the role is primarily outward-facing, it provides a critical conduit back into the company for customer feedback. Areas of Responsibility:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Develop and implement a business plan to achieve set sales targets.
- Achievement of assigned North American territory sales budget.
- Lead the sales forecasting and customer demand processes, providing such feedback to Operations.
- Identify, develop and manage strategic relationships within accounts.
- Demonstrate strategic selling skills to clearly understand customers’ business requirements and present the NAC solutions in a consultative manner that will resolve customer scientific, automation, and business issues.
- Liaise closely with internal support staff to ensure accurate pricing and seamless product availability, communication and delivery to customers.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to coordinate strategic and tactical marketing activities and to support and represent the company at conferences and scientific meetings.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of sales data and sales activities in the company’s CRM system (currently Salesforce.com)· Facilitate account review meetings for strategic accounts
- Demonstrate resilience in achieving goals/targets.
- Has internal drive, and the ability to inspire, lead and drive others.
- Ability to grasp and convey technical information.
- Excellent oral and written communications, fluent in English.
- Strong listening skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills essential at all level of the customer’s organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to build rapport quickly at all levels.
- Experience of working in a fast moving dynamic organization.
- · Inspires trust, respect and a clear sense of the purpose and values of the business through role model behavior.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships internally, externally and across organizational boundaries.
- · BA or BS degree, in a Life Science or Chemistry related field.
- 3+ Years hands on Oligonucleotide Synthesis Lab experience or
- 5+ years of demonstrated success managing complex, solution oriented sales process within the life sciences industry. With a preferred Emphasis in Oligonucleotide Synthesis with a solid understanding of Chemistry.
- Competencies with all aspects of strategic selling and large account management (Miller Heiman Strategic Selling experience preferred).
Wednesday, July 7, 2021