Talent Acquisition Manager
- Hollister, CA
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Life Science company providing essential media, buffers, and reagents to scientists working in the fields of Gene Therapy, Vaccine Production, Diagnostics Development, Microbiology, and Basic Research.
About the role
Attracting and on-boarding world class talent is critical to our client's future growth and success. Having recently become a public company they have an enormous opportunity to shape the future for their customers and the life sciences. As Talent Acquisition Manager your role will be to own and implement the entire hiring process from candidate sourcing to day one, ensuring the candidate experience matches the same levels of high quality we give our customers.
What you will do:
You will bring best practice knowledge of Talent Acquisition processes to develop and implement. You will define sourcing strategies and work with leaders to ensure they understand their role in attracting and selecting talent, coaching on how to improve their hiring skills. You will bring knowledge of various selection methods, know when to use the appropriate method, and will influence leaders to use new methods. You will work closely with the HR team to ensure internal customer needs are being met. You will understand the business strategy and team dynamics and work in partnership to attract, select and on-board world-class talent. In particular you will work with the Learning and Development Manager to develop and deliver hiring skills training to leaders.
You will report to the Chief People Officer and be part of the HR team.
What you will be responsible for:
- End-to-end candidate experience from first touch to day one
- Developing and implementing varied sourcing strategies including social media and relationships with external recruitment partners and can advise when the right time is to engage them.
- Development of relationships with schools, colleges and universities to build long-term talent pipelines.
- Directly handling senior level roles (Director and above)
- Development and implementation of Talent Acquisitions and standards, policies and processes – including job description quality
- Development of success metrics and creation of a weekly dashboard to measure success and highlight challenges.
- Collaboration with the Learning and Development Manager to create and deliver training for leaders.
- Teknova’s presence at careers fairs and other recruitment events
- Work with the marketing team to develop Teknova’s employer brand, based on our Company mission and Core Values.
- Management of the Talent Acquisition team (currently one Recruitment Coordinator)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Talent Acquisition
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in TA management
- Experience of working with best practice TA processes (has seen what good looks like)
- Knowledge of a variety of selection methods (interviews, assessment centers, psychometric tools, others)
- Experience of using LinkedIn and other forms of social media to source candidates.
- Experience of working with people at all levels within an organization, from CEO to production associates.
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- A positive attitude, problem solving approach to life and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and be highly organized
- The ability to embrace and drive change – and influence others to join us on the journey
What you will get:
The opportunity to create, drive and shape the capability of the organization. Further career growth as Teknova grows both domestically and internationally.
Tuesday, July 6, 2021