Scientist/ Senior Scientist
- San Carlos, CA
Our client is a seed-stage, single cell multi'omics company based in San Carlos, CA. Their proprietary workflow leverages a groundbreaking NGS sample prep methodology to generate affordable, high throughput, genotype + phenotype data. They have deep expertise in molecular biology, bioinformatics, and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), and maintain a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with significant opportunities for high-impact contribution and rapid professional growth. They promote a culture of intellectual honesty and candor as well as mutual respect and camaraderie.
They are seeking a creative and rigorous molecular biologist. You will design and perform experiments to develop, optimize and validate their NGS sample prep technology. You will analyze and summarize the results of your experiments and collaborate with bioinformaticians to develop key metrics to characterize performance of the assay. The ideal candidate will be someone who excels working both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team and who is excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Manage multiple aspects of the project, including tissue culture and NGS library preparation
- Generate high-quality and reproducible data, perform data analysis and present reports in a timely manner, troubleshooting (such as root cause analysis) as needed
- Perform good laboratory practices, instrument maintenance, and laboratory stock management
- Create, manage, and document experimental data
- Minimum 1 (3) year of PhD or 3 (6) years (MSc) or 6 (9) years (BSc) post-graduate experience Scientist (Senior Scientist) in academic or industrial settings. Industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Expertise with NGS assay development and optimization
- Expertise ?in tissue dissociation of solid tumors or other solid tissues for flow cytometry, single cell sequencing, or other applications
- Experience in oncology applications and cancer biology
- An aptitude for learning, applying, and developing new technologies and methodologies
- DNA and RNA extraction from FFPE and fresh frozen tissue samples, blood, and cell culture? Experience validating NGS protocols for commercial applications
- A deep understanding of NGS library preparation targeted enrichment methods and Illuminasequencing workflows
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence
- Experience with NGS data analysis and bioinformatics (Python, R and Bash scripting or similar).
- Experience plotting and presenting NGS and flow cytometry data
Friday, September 3, 2021