Senior Director/ Vice President of R&D, Genomics
- Newark, CA
We are currently looking for a Senior Director/ Vice President of R&D for Genomics for our client based in Newark, CA.
As head of R&D for for our client's genomics product division, you will report directly to the General Manager of Genomics and serve as a member of the Technology Council Leadership Team. Working closely with executive leadership, this person will be responsible for providing technical expertise, driving the growth of our technology solutions and executing their overall technology vision. Working closely with product management, professional assay services, clinical and operations counterparts, this individual will be responsible for driving and delivering product solutions in the rapidly growing field of spatial genomics. The incumbent will represent our client at workshops, symposia, trade shows and conferences as relevant. She/he will also interact and liaise with external experts as the strategic face for R&D in spatial genomics arena.
We are looking for someone who is a self-motivated driver, has experience building and maintaining highly productive teams, and has experience driving growth strategies across an R&D organization. Ideal candidates will have an eagerness to bring new ideas to the table and embrace/promote positive changes that drive innovation and productivity. The ideal candidate has a proven track record, and is results driven while also maintaining a high level of intellectual curiosity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To Be Successful, You Will Have
- Ensure that projects and releases remain on schedule, are delivered with high quality, great customer satisfaction and achievement of target goals
- Work with internal and external partners to explore and understand emerging technology trends and customer requirements, and regularly communicate those to development teams
- Working with product management, ensure that the product backlog is continuously groomed, sized and prioritized to keep pace with our strategic plan and annual operating plans
- Collaborate daily with your team and other internal teams, and focus internal resources on innovation
- Responsible for balancing unexpected issues with current in progress work
- Helping the team leverage the proper technologies when applicable· Be excited about making an immediate impact within the company
- Implement and refine R&D initiatives and processes with quality and precision
- Research platforms and changes necessary to drive differentiation, efficiency, revenue, scalability and reliability
- Serves as a role model/mentor
- Support sales and product management stakeholders
- Review and propose budgets that support the product development roadmap
- Fill in all gaps necessary to contribute to the success of the overall team outside of existing project responsibilities
- Strong technical knowledge and vision and have a demonstrated history of leading teams in the development of new products, bringing these products to market on time and within budget
- Led global development teams in the fields of in situ hybridization assays, hardware and software developments - at minimum a strength in one with working knowledge in the others
- Experience working for mid-large global organizations
- 15 + years progressive relevant experience
- Strong leadership capabilities, with good communication, people and management skills
- A record of attracting, managing, leading and developing top talent
- A results-oriented mindset with the ability to drive change
- Global travel and engagement
- Ph.D. in Science or Engineering; and a minimum of 15 years of leadership experience in genomics/ spatial genomics with at least three years in a site leader management capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broad experience in research and development for assays, medical device engineering, liquid and tissue-based products. Knowledge of spatial genomics is preferred.
- Track record of bringing innovative products from concept through development and validation to the marketplace in both the US and Europe.
- Understanding of US and international regulatory requirements for 510(k) path for relevant medical devices.
- Demonstrated experience managing a department budget
- Demonstrated experience leading people, ideally of different functions and scientific disciplines
- The ideal incumbent would have a track record of success in career development, mentoring, and building relationships in cross functional team environments
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% when needed
Wednesday, September 1, 2021