Our client offers molecular, cell biology, and immunology services to the biotech industries locally, nationally, as well as internationally. Their offices are located in Morgan Hill, California, at the south end of the Silicon Valley. Great reverse Commute!
They are currently seeking an experienced animal technician for their in vivo research projects. Animal technician will perform duties involving the daily care of research animals for experimental purposes, which includes daily health monitoring (taking body weight measurement), collecting other in vivo data (e.g., tumor measurement), dosing of animals (ip, iv, sc, and po), and collecting the organ samples (bleeding i.e., tail or retro-orbital bleeding, or cardiac bleeding and extracting organ tissues). All work will involve the direct handling of laboratory mice with a potential work with rats and other rodents. The candidate is also required to work in a barrier facility and wearing proper PPE.
Interested candidates should have several years of pertinent experience in a small to medium scale animal care facility and meet the following requirements:
• High school degree or equivalent, college degree preferred.
• Hands-on experience with handling laboratory rodents.
• Proficient with compound dosing and collection of samples for PK/PD
• Competent at entering data onto a laptop computer.
• Skill and knowledge to apply principles of sanitizing and disinfecting cages in compliance with AAALAC standards.
• Availability to work variable schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Experience in surgical techniques and/or in vivo disease models is highly desired.
• AALAS certification (ALAT or higher) preferred.
• Accurate record keeping and troubleshooting skills
• Self-motivated, flexible, and willing to meet strict time lines
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, goal oriented, team-based environment