Marketing Manager, New Dyes- Research Reagents
- Remote, CA
Global Marketing Manager is accountable for managing our client's New Dye product lines in flow cytometry. As a category leader in fluorescent dye technology and applications, this high-profile role will be responsible for driving the portfolio strategy, product roadmap and all aspects of downstream commercial execution including the launch of new product lines in this high growth space. This role would be ideal for a candidate who is experienced in leading change in an ever-evolving competitive and technological landscape. Reporting to the Director of Marketing for Research Reagents, this role is accountable for driving commercial activities such as: working with the product development Core teams to identify and develop differentiated products, building business cases/forecasts to support the new products, leading the development and execution of global launch plan inclusive of evidence generation, and executing global promotional and communication programs in collaboration with global MARCOM and regional teams.
The role serves as the Marketing leader on a new product Core team in support of the Global Product Development Process (GPDS) and routinely interfaces with cross functional teams including global and regional marketing, R&D, Sales, Finance, Operations and Quality. Additional responsibilities include interfacing with the instrumentation teams to ensure system alignment (optics, go to market, future designs, etc.) and the line extension core teams to define the proper portfolio expansion strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to elevate the overall strategic thinking of the global marketing, regional marketing and the research reagents platform teams, drive new innovation based on evolving customer needs, and execute effectively in a dynamic high-growth marketplace.
- Develops annual and long-term product roadmaps, business cases, marketing plans and global launch plan in collaboration with the Core team to create robust new product pipeline that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Responsible for the total customer experience and success of the new dye portfolio including the strategic and financial performance of the product launch and go to market strategy and execution.
- Manages all aspects of the global brand positioning, messaging, and overall pricing strategy.
- Drives claims development and data generation plan for supporting meaningful value messages.
- Develops communication plan and lead generation plan for the successful launch of new products in collaboration with global Marcom and digital marketing team.
- Ability to understand and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial to drive revenue growth.
- Accountable for working with regional marketing counterparts to develop and execute regional strategies to ensure achievement of financial/ budget expectations.
- Effectively communicates value proposition of the products to sales team and develops sales tools that support selling process.
- Develops KOL engagement plan and executes in collaboration with the global application team and regional teams.
- Develops expertise on customer buying process, market segmentation, competition to create winning strategies.
- Supports annual strategy and portfolio planning process to define global strategic, product development direction for the research reagents portfolio, leading the recommendations for new dyes.
- Able to generate novel ideas for defining, implementing and bringing to market new products and technologies; ensures that customer perspectives and regional team inputs are appropriately incorporated into every aspect of product development.
- Incorporates key trends and insights from market and competitive analysis to create differentiated strategies and tactics.
- Actively seeks new ways to leverage Research Solutions portfolio of products & services to create solution-based offerings by working closely with the Informatics, Single Cell Multiomic, and Research Instrument teams.
- Effectively collaborates and leads the cross-functional and cross-platform teams for the portfolio roadmap and decisions, product launch and other major initiatives.
- Meets all marketing work-stream deliverables as required in Global Product Development Process.
- B.S. in a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and/or Master’s degree, Ph.D. in Immunology or Cell Biology or related scientific discipline highly preferred.
- Must have 7-10 years of strategic marketing, product management, or equivalent relevant experience. Preferably in biotechnology or life sciences industry.
- Experience with flow cytometry is preferred.
- Requires a highly motivated, dynamic and customer-oriented leader who thrives in a challenging and changing environment.
- Significant global product/brand launch and product management experience and experience working with regional marketing and sales teams.
- Experience working in and/or leading teams in cross-functional environments and/or complex matrix organization.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans.
- Experience presenting to senior level leadership is required.
- Effective skills in areas of interpersonal, oral and written communication, organization, prioritization and planning, goal setting, and problem solving.
- Results-oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects.
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis.
- Previous experience with digital marketing, web and eCommerce preferred.
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, forecasting, pricing strategy, market development and go to market models and strategies.
- Requires general knowledge of the Life Sciences market. Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product specifications and applications data development plans.
Tuesday, May 25, 2021