Director/ Senior Director of Operations
- Newark, CA
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Director/ Senior Director of Operations, located in Newark, CA. This role has overall responsibility and accountability for the manufacturing and operations team, and personnel across multiple functions. Provides business and administrative leadership and direction to multiple empowered, work process driven teams typically through other people leaders. Leads the development of the manufacturing and production strategy and develops and executes operational strategy to achieve business objectives. Has oversight of a rapidly growing site which has a sizable impact on the global business's performance. As a leader, fosters a work environment with a high level of integrity and strong safety focus that embraces diversity and inclusion, innovation and sustainability, continuous improvement and empowerment.
We are looking for a Director/Sr. Director of Operations to lead the manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, safety, and facilities organizations. You will be responsible for delivering significant immediate top-line revenue growth, while improving quality, improving delivery performance, and managing cost. You will also be responsible for building and executing a longer-term plan to match future capacity and organizational strength (people/process) with future demand needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all orders ship within each quarter, while consistently meeting key performance indicators on quality, on-time-shipments, and cost
- Develop & hire a world class team to support short and long-term business needs. Build on a culture of continuous improvement
- Improve quality of existing products
- Partner with R&D to improve the manufacturing transfer process, including validation and verification for consumable launches, to result in better quality of new products
- Ensure supply chain delivers to short-term and long-term business & customer needs on capacity, quality, delivery, and cost
- Implement best practices for the production and testing of reagents, and consumables
- Implement best practices for the purchasing and planning teams (structure, priorities, processes), and negotiate supply agreements with favorable terms
- Build and execute effective planning processes to eliminate shortages, to reduce material cost (PPV), and to reduce inventory to target levels
- Implement best practices for the warehouse / material handling team
- Lead through influence. Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners, including hardware engineering, reagents R&D, finance, HR, other plants, customer service, and QA teams
- Build and execute short-term and long-term capacity plans for hiring and capital spending, including designing and installing automation where sensible. Ensure that team and infrastructure are always both ahead of growth, and within budget
- Lead efforts to reduce turnover when needed
- Maintain an ISO 9001 quality management system, in conjunction with the QA team
- Implement a “culture of safety,” in addition to ensuring compliance
- Maintain the HQ facility
- Ensure team strictly follows COVID-19 protocols, and lead efforts in enhancing these protocols over time
Work experience requirements:
- Proven ability to execute on multiple priorities simultaneously using critical thinking in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to build and lead high-performing teams with experience in a rapidly growing business.
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance and demonstrated action-oriented, results-driven approach to quality. Commitment to improve manufacturing and quality metrics
- Able to work well cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organizational model
- Demonstrated use of KPI’s to drive organizational priorities
- Track record of solving problems following a data-driven “root cause / countermeasure” approach.
- Great team builder who can attract, develop, and retain world-class talent
- Good financial skills in budgeting, expense control, and forecasting
- Track record of leading a continuous improvement culture
- Proven track record of successfully introducing new technologies into manufacturing
- Prior experience in an engineering role is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business. MBA or advanced degree in engineering is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing manufacturing operations with direct experience managing activities in at least two of the following areas: manufacturing, manufacturing or quality engineering, planning and purchasing, warehousing and logistics.
Wednesday, September 1, 2021