Project Manager, Software Development
- San Diego, CA, United States
The Project Manager will provide end-to-end project management leadership (concept to completion) through the Research and Development Organization, fully owning the mechanisms which ensure successful project delivery. The successful Project Manager is expected to provide strategic thought leadership to project core teams, stakeholders, and senior leaders while demonstrating a keen eye for the tactical elements of projects. It is a requirement to drive projects that span multiple departments.
- Responsible to drive cross-functional/regional projects which are strategic in nature.
- Function as a liaison and thought partner between Senior Leadership and various project core team leaders to ensure the business needs have been met and are delivered on schedule.
- Address conflicts or issues as they arise, escalating as necessary, in order to overcome any obstacles.
- Provides critical thinking by helping to link the company’s strategic agenda to the resulting execution plan.
- Acts as a consultant to department leaders in development of execution plans involving resource allocation work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Identifies key issues and risks, recommend options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis, facilitate and negotiate individual and team decisions. Requires an understanding of stakeholder motivations, politics and impacts to the organization.
- Utilizes effective project, business process and team management skill sets to achieve business results.
- Owns end to end success of the project, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or information requires an in-depth evaluation and knowledge of various factors impacting the overall outcome of the project.
- Experience with challenging the current thought process of staff and status quo of business processes.
- Lead project status and cross-functional alignment reviews while monitoring interdependencies through appropriate recurring and one-time mechanisms.
- Develop and lead the execution of change management plans, including functional training and internal/external communications. Evaluate organizational readiness for change, as well as intervention mechanisms to overcome resistance to change.
- Responsible to ensure project plans are robust, maintained, and access is available to all necessary.
- Deliver and/or lead presentations for project teams and executive staff.
- Work as a team member on special projects as needed, in addition to core projects.
- Applies in-depth specialty knowledge within subject area to complete assignments of diverse scope.
- Contributes to the development of new plans, models, standards and techniques.
- Widely uses and applies standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in addition to a working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Understands impact on budget.
- Networks, shares knowledge, and keeps up-to-date with peers in the company.
- Solves problems in complicated situations through the application and integration of analytical skills, creativity and judgment.
- Provides imaginative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Problems are of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Minimum nine years’ experience with at least six years in a lead role for successful completion of complex, cross functional project/program development and delivery.
- BA or BS in Life Sciences, Engineering, or other technical discipline required; MBA preferred.
- PMI Certification preferred.
- PPI/Lean/Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Must have experience in the following Atalassin modules: Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Bamboo.
- Must have experience with Agile software development, including leading scrums and standup meetings.
- Experience managing software development for Life Sciences instrumentation preferred
- Must be able to interface with varied audiences including senior leadership, and to work effectively in a matrix environment across multiple functional areas (product management, R&D, finance, commercial, operations, HR, etc.).
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex data points, see linkages that span across various areas and be able to synthesize a coherent picture and drive knowledgeable discussions that enhance the final outcome of the project.
- Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously and fluently navigate competing demands with zero impact to deliverables.
- Demonstrated organization, analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have effective oral & written communication and executive presentation skills.
- Demonstrate solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Tuesday, May 25, 2021